Rielly vs Ranger (Who should be scratched)?

Kb21

Dec 27, 2011
Toronto
rielly should play every game until he has a bad one then sub in ranger. if anything just go with a 7 man D group.

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
i voted in favour of Ranger just because he could be great if he ever gets his **** together. He is very aggressive and has excellent leadership skills.

Shanty

July hockey is where bridges are burned
Jan 9, 2010
Toronto
Ranger has been much better than has been said. He's made a couple mistakes, but not really any more than any of the other D-men. Probably less than Gardiner, but since Gards makes things happen offensively, sometimes, it gets overlooked.

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
Who gets sat tonight?

If it is Rielly, why the hell is he here again?

Yea to me this makes no sense and yea I get sometimes you need to bench an 18 year old kid so he can get an outside POV. That being said its clear Carlyle is benching him to "hold him accountable" which to me is BS because he goes with plugs like Ranger and Franson yet no matter how badly they mess up he sticks with them, this is nothing more then a disgusting game of the coach playing favourites.

jmart21

MISC!!!
Nov 16, 2009
All Over The Place
Yea to me this makes no sense and yea I get sometimes you need to bench an 18 year old kid so he can get an outside POV. That being said its clear Carlyle is benching him to "hold him accountable" which to me is BS because he goes with plugs like Ranger and Franson yet no matter how badly they mess up he sticks with them, this is nothing more then a disgusting game of the coach playing favourites.

I think this post is complete baseless speculation that couldn't be further from the truth.

Maybe ChuckWoods will stop by and throw us some of his insight on this matter because I know I've seen him talk about this once already....

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
To learn what it takes to play in the NHL.

The kid was never going to play 82games. I don't see why people are up in arms when he sits.

I get that he wasn't going to play 82. My problem is that if he doesn't play a game for weeks at a time. I don't think that RC would think twice about benching him for prolonged periods if it is best for the team at a detriment to the kids development. Yes it is his job to ice the lineup which will be most successful, which brings me back to the original question.

jmart21

MISC!!!
Nov 16, 2009
All Over The Place
I get that he wasn't going to play 82. My problem is that if he doesn't play a game for weeks at a time.

Let's not exaggerate; its been less than a week since he last played (Nov.13 vs. MIN).

I don't think that RC would think twice about benching him for prolonged periods if it is best for the team at a detriment to the kids development.

Yes, RC will ice the best possible lineup. Kinda what I'd like to see our coach do. Sitting him isn't "detrimental" to his development and people don't seem to get this.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
I get that he wasn't going to play 82. My problem is that if he doesn't play a game for weeks at a time.

Weeks at a time? Maybe we should wait until that happens before you start having "problems"

I don't think that RC would think twice about benching him for prolonged periods if it is best for the team at a detriment to the kids development. Yes it is his job to ice the lineup which will be most successful, which brings me back to the original question.

Are you saying you'd rather have Carlyle do what's best for "the kid's development" rather than what is "best for the team"?

I certainly hope not.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Fraser has looked awful. He should remain our 7th defenceman even when he's healthy.

jmart21

MISC!!!
Nov 16, 2009
All Over The Place
Fraser has looked awful. He should remain our 7th defenceman even when he's healthy.

I think he's looked fine for whats expected of a 5/6 dman.

He was hurt....played 7games with what appears to be a lingering injury (as it's sidelined him again) and we're already drawing conclusions. God bless Leaf nation

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
Let's not exaggerate; its been less than a week since he last played (Nov.13 vs. MIN).

Yes, RC will ice the best possible lineup. Kinda what I'd like to see our coach do. Sitting him isn't "detrimental" to his development and people don't seem to get this.

I did say if and with his track record of favourites with defencemen, it's not out of the realm of possibility to think that he could sit for weeks.

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
Weeks at a time? Maybe we should wait until that happens before you start having "problems"

Are you saying you'd rather have Carlyle do what's best for "the kid's development" rather than what is "best for the team"?

I certainly hope not.

That isn't what I said at all, the exact opposite actually. I just think that they should have realized that this would have been a possibility in the first place and sent him back to begin with.

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
Rielly because Ranger can play the right side. This is a rather easy decision. Gardiner was awful on the right side this season and has been great once moved back to the left. Rielly would be even worse considering he hasn't been very good on the left to begin with. This isn't a vacuum where the worst d-man (which Ranger has not been this season) sits. Even anyone should sit it should probably be Fraser, but then again he offers a physical presence on D whereas Rielly is redundant with Gardiner, Phaneuf and Franson.

mikebel111*

Gardiner... again. Everyone has outplayed him of late

looks like ur not watching the games. jake has been really good the past 5 games or so, evidence by the TOI he is getting. randy trusts him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->