Player Discussion Rickard Rakell

Tokioduck

May 31, 2007
Is this the first time in some time that someone other than Gezlaf leads the team in points?

I don't think he will ever be good enough to replace the twins, but i do believe he has more rooms to grow.

Mortal Wombat

Dec 7, 2014
Is this the first time in some time that someone other than Gezlaf leads the team in points?

I don't think he will ever be good enough to replace the twins, but i do believe he has more rooms to grow.
Teemu had the most points in 2011-2012. Getzlaf has led the team in points ever since and would have done so this season, too, if it wasn't for the injury.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia

I doubt he will score 50 like Perry and seriously low chance he will ever be as good as Getzy picking up points, let alon the overall game. But Rakell is an amazing player, who clearly has more room to grow.
I think I once got a flu (sick) by just watching Rikys dangles on the ice

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
If he works out his consistency, he could hit 40 a few times even without Getzlaf. His scoring instincts are excellent and he's really learning how to use those fantastic hands of his.

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
#67 has played 76 games with a total of 67 points.

EDIT: Finishes the season with 69 points in 77 games. Couldn't get that last one, huh? :laugh:

Last edited:

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
He is playing like he didn't do a single thing all off season

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Rakell with a 2 point game today including a goal

He now has 10 points in 14 games and 5 points in his last 5 games. Happy to see him producing again.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
It appears that he benefits significantly by play with Getzlaf. Not only because Getzlaf is an incredible playmaker, but also that Getzlaf creates more space for him and everyone else on the ice. I think we'd all like him to take the next step, but he still has a little bit of time before Getzlaf starts to decline. However, it seems clear that he needs a quality playmaker or at least someone else to focus on to unlock his full potential. Not really an aberration, just somewhat disappointing from what we all think he can become.

Last edited:

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Meh, it depends which Bobby you are talking about. The Bobby from his first 3 years gave an honest effort and produced. Then he turned into a complete floater and honestly mostly a passenger towards the end of his career in Anaheim. That last year with us he was pretty average I thought

Pennaduck

Aug 17, 2016
Pennsylvania
He's still on pace for 50+ points and his shooting percentage is ridiculously low (4.9%) right now. His shooting percentage the past three seasons was 11.8%, 18.6%, and 14.8% so he's well below past precedent. He is generating about the same number of shots per game as last season and more than the two prior to that. To me that implies that his not generating as many quality scoring chances and is shooting more from the perimeter, and the eye test kind of bears that out when I'm watching the games. This tells me he is not getting the time and space needed to replicate his past success. Not having another capable scoring winger on that line is affecting him because opposing D know that he is always going to be the most dangerous scoring option for Getzlaf to pass to so they can cheat a bit when defending him. He's also probably in his own head a bit and gripping the stick too tight.

Call that a 'passenger' if you want, but I think it is also a sign that the top line lacks another viable scoring option. It is very unlikely he finishes the season with such a low shooting percentage and I think he ends up having a good second half to the season once the goals start going in for him, but he's not going to be a 35 or 40 goal scorer without another high end talent on that line. Kase, Aberg, and Silfverberg just don't bring enough of a consistent scoring threat to the top line to give him a bit more time and space. Eaves for whatever reason seemed to work really well in that regard, which is why I'd like to see Ritchie and his power game and strong net front presence given more of a chance on that line.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
But his contract is so team-friendly!
It is. Regardless of the flaws he has in his game, we are getting a solid top line winger for a ridiculously cheap price. He’d command 7 mil at least on the open market and he’s on the books for half of that

He definitely needs to play better than he has so far this year but I expect him to

Reactions: DuckRogers10

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
This guy has been a floating turd. He turns the puck over so damn much.

Reactions: Getzmonster

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->