Speculation: Rick Tocchet?

IronMarshal

Mar 7, 2002
Langhorne, PA
Visit site
The rumor is Rick Tocchet is going to be left go in Arizona. His name is starting to pop up as a possibility elsewhere (Larry Brooks saying maybe in NY replacing Quinn, and others). In my mind, Tocchet is a good coach who gets a lot out of his players. He has done an admiral job in Arizona under a sketchy at best working environment. Because of his Flyers roots and perceived (at least my perception) previous affinity for the Philadelphia area and team culture, might he be a good replacement for AV?

AV seems to have lost the team already. I may be wrong, and it may just be these goofy COVID season, but I am not sure that his act is going to play here with these players anymore. Maybe I am jumping the gun, but Tocchet seems like a good fit. I know many on the board want to stay away from retreads and the Flyer connections, look for new (young) blood from juniors and all, but really, maybe Tocchet can instill the work ethic, pride, and team unity back with the club.

I am curious what the board thinks.

IronMarshal

Mar 7, 2002
Langhorne, PA
Visit site
I think this is speculation, not a rumor yet.
Maybe, but speculation of his release is a rumor, no?

Maybe a mod can change it from rumor to speculation. To me, I just want to know how everyone feels about the possibility. I expect Brindamoursnose might be the start of a trend, but I must say, I like Tocchet in Philly. I don't know if it will work, but Av? Hakstol? who do you want? Gallant? Probably a lot of yeses there, Quinn (if he is let go)?

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
Maybe, but speculation of his release is a rumor, no?

Maybe a mod can change it from rumor to speculation. To me, I just want to know how everyone feels about the possibility. I expect Brindamoursnose might be the start of a trend, but I must say, I like Tocchet in Philly. I don't know if it will work, but Av? Hakstol? who do you want? Gallant? Probably a lot of yeses there, Quinn (if he is let go)?
It's not a rumor it's confirmed

Tocchet out as Coyotes coach after four seasons

Him here would be speculation.

Reactions: IronMarshal

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
For a coach who "lost" his team, they played awfully hard against the Pens and Caps.

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
NO to anyone not named Benoit Groulx. Forget these retreads once and for all.
This would be the right move, but Scott knows jack shit about hockey and would want another “name” so it’s going to suck either way

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad