Rick Tocchet sucks

Lilhoody

Nov 25, 2016
Peoria, AZ
Due to circumstances, I believe it is deliberate and calculated, in order to ensure the team doesn't get the second point. 1-5 in SO now (?). That's 4 points away from Buffalo RT can (kind of) control, without appearing to tank.

Reactions: Fixxer

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
It looks more and more like he was just the affable guy that got to hang around a successful team rather than someone who was an integral part of one.
Whoa now, let's not forget that Phil Kessel's only had 62 goals and 141pts in his final two years at Toronto. He was clearly an average winger until "The Phil Whisperer" got a hold of him and turned him into a 49 goal and 129pt player. :sarcasm:

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Due to circumstances, I believe it is deliberate and calculated, in order to ensure the team doesn't get the second point. 1-5 in SO now (?). That's 4 points away from Buffalo RT can (kind of) control, without appearing to tank.
18%

cobra427

May 6, 2012
I thought about that last night, so maybe. I would still think he wants to save his job and not kill the room even more though.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
It looks more and more like he was just the affable guy that got to hang around a successful team rather than someone who was an integral part of one.
And/or maybe our old coach was much better then many thought. I knew there was risk in hiring an unproven head coach, and I suspected coaching wasn't the problem, talent was, but I nor anyone I recall, could have imagined or predicted it would be this bad.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
OJT for our head coach. He was a dismal failure out of the gate, but has improved and in time may be worthy of the title.

Reactions: kbay

cobra427

May 6, 2012
OJT for our head coach. He was a dismal failure out of the gate, but has improved and in time may be worthy of the title.
Even if you forget the first 20 games, we are on a 70 point pace. Same as last year with a better roster. That is still a failure, but I hope he improves over time. He will get that time because Barroway can't afford to pay 2 coaches to hang at the beach.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Even if you forget the first 20 games, we are on a 70 point pace. Same as last year with a better roster. That is still a failure, but I hope he improves over time. He will get that time because Barroway can't afford to pay 2 coaches to hang at the beach.

You keep saying it's a better roster but I think it's degraded to about the same. Goalie has been way worse with Raanta's injuries. The D is about the same and they've added enough waiver fodder to the forwards to make it a small upgrade at best. Domi is playing out of position and the top six regularly features 4th line talent and fringe NHLers like just like the last several years. It's not like we added Matthews or McDavid in the draft. With the drop off in goalie play they'll be lucky to have the same amount of points.

Reactions: _Del_ and Yandover

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I'm a big fan of Carlyle, but he doesn't fit with what we're trying to do.

A nice happy medium would be canning John MacLean and replacing him with Paul MacLean.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
And/or maybe our old coach was much better then many thought. I knew there was risk in hiring an unproven head coach, and I suspected coaching wasn't the problem, talent was, but I nor anyone I recall, could have imagined or predicted it would be this bad.

No. Tippett is trash. Very glad we fired an underperforming employee. Unfortunately, we hired the replacement candidate who had the strongest interview and the best resume, but he still ended up a dud. That happens in life. Tocchet's performance has absolutely nothing to do with Tippett. Both suck.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Speaking of Tippett, and oh how I wish we wouldn't, it's too bad nobody wants to hire him. I'd love for him to get a job somewhere so all of his #1 fanboys around here could just go wherever that is to admire him and heap praise upon him, and leave it the hell out of here.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Speaking of Tippett, and oh how I wish we wouldn't, it's too bad nobody wants to hire him. I'd love for him to get a job somewhere so all of his #1 fanboys around here could just go wherever that is to admire him and heap praise upon him, and leave it the hell out of here.
Play nice.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I would like to see Sutter. I want us, as a club, to play a very heavy game, clog up the neutral zone, and play some god-damned defense. I can't stand watching other teams score within a minute thirty of a Coyotes goal.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Really, I mean - what the hell?
The Tippett stuff has become way too personal, making people on both sides of the good/bad debate way too entrenched. I didn't want him fired, but I understand the reasoning. At rt has said numerous times, Tocchet's performance has nothing to do with the decision to move on from Tippett. Nothing.

Tocchet lives and dies by his own performance and cannot be compared to Tippett by any reasonable measure.

Reactions: Sthlmyote

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
No. Tippett is trash. Very glad we fired an underperforming employee. Unfortunately, we hired the replacement candidate who had the strongest interview and the best resume, but he still ended up a dud. That happens in life. Tocchet's performance has absolutely nothing to do with Tippett. Both suck.

Why not stop it with your ignorant posts about DT. You know damn well he is one hell of a coach, and if you think otherwise it just shows your lack of hockey knowledge. You and the rest of the DT haters are pissed because things have not gone as planned this year. DT will get a job soon enough and prove to you and YOUR fanboys how good he really is.

Reactions: BUX7PHX

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad