Value of: Rick Nash

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Rick Nash was very very good in Boston before he got the concussion. Did not look the same post-concussion. Was it the concussion or was he just "hot" when he first joined?

josiesque

Oct 15, 2015
Any possibilities he's coming over to Switzerland for 1 or 2 years like Kevin Klein (playing for zurich and won the title and playoff mvp btw)? The game over here isn't nearly as physical and traveling is easy too. Life overall isn't too shabby here and he knows Davos from the lockout days.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Any possibilities he's coming over to Switzerland for 1 or 2 years like Kevin Klein (playing for zurich and won the title and playoff mvp btw)? The game over here isn't nearly as physical and traveling is easy too. Life overall isn't too shabby here and he knows Davos from the lockout days.

I'd doubt it. Klien had a good NHL career, with around 18 million in career salary. But it's a far cry from from the 100 million Nash has earned, and the 500k annually he can get in NLA would still be a semi significant salary.

Nash probably isn't playing for that kind of money.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Rick Nash was very very good in Boston before he got the concussion. Did not look the same post-concussion. Was it the concussion or was he just "hot" when he first joined?
Probably a bit of both but unfortunately guys with history of multiple concussions always seem to be at higher risk. I don't know if its physical or psychological but coming off of multiple injuries that would have to effect one's game.
Unfortunately, its part of the baggage a player carries with them.

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
I still think 2 things happen very quickly close to training camp.

1) Leafs trade one of Johnsson, Kapannen or Brown + defensive prospect + pick for a RHD who is not too pair quality but better than having Hainsey playing 20 mins a night.

2) Nash signs a 1 year deal with the Leafs for 4 or 5 million.

Hyman Tavares Marner
Marleau Matthews Nylander
Nash Kadri Kapanen
Johnsson Lindholm Brown
Ennis/Leivo.

(Whoever is in the deal gets replaced by Leivo/Ennis)

I really liked Nashs game last year and in the playoffs. Seems to know he isn't as dominant at scoring so has started to care more about his 200ft game. Wouldn't mind him as a big body presence on the PP like JVR.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I knew as soon as I heard about the signing that Tavares to Toronto would rekindle the "HE WANTS TO PLAY FOR HIS HOMETOWN" silly nonsense that was finally dying off, but I must confess I didn't imagine the first manifestation of that would be with Nash again.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
I think a break from hockey, with a year to heal his body might work out well for Mr Nash.

I agree.

Boston made a hasty move, since his stats have been horrible the last two seasons.
This player needs time to heal up (maybe even a surgery), but when you need a contract you have to keep pushing...

Reactions: Lion Hound

Jordan Belfort

Jan 13, 2016
Anaheim CA
Leafs and cup winning? Lol, 50 years and still going. Dont expect to break the curse anytime soon, you still got Tampa and Winnipeg to get through.
Wait this is coming from an Oilers fan? You guys can’t even make the playoffs with the best player since Crosby

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
those first overall picks still can’t win you anything. And Rogers place is a graveyard. Dead atmosphere in there :laugh
When the Leafs were shit the ACC wasnt very live either. When your team is losing you dont cheer very loud right. Also Im guessing you didnt watch the Oilers in the playoffs in 2017, Rogers Place was lit.

Were fine with our first overall picks, enjoy yours and him having to be in Mcdavids shadow. As much the center of the universe overrates him, he doesnt come close to touching Mcjesus (insert stupid comeback of Mcdavid signing with the leafs in 8 years lol)

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I think there needs to be a new context added to the boards titled as 'Player Speculation Talk' instead of always just 'Value of.'

Jordan Belfort

Jan 13, 2016
Anaheim CA
When the Leafs were **** the ACC wasnt very live either. When your team is losing you dont cheer very loud right. Also Im guessing you didnt watch the Oilers in the playoffs in 2017, Rogers Place was lit.

Were fine with our first overall picks, enjoy yours and him having to be in Mcdavids shadow. As much the center of the universe overrates him, he doesnt come close to touching Mcjesus (insert stupid comeback of Mcdavid signing with the leafs in 8 years lol)
Insert Oilers fan trying to defend an embarrassing franchise who can’t win with Mcdavid :laugh

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Insert Oilers fan trying to defend an embarrassing franchise who can’t win with Mcdavid :laugh
Insert Leafs fan trying to defend a franchise who cant win at all

50 YEARS... exho. echo. echo

//Yes we can win with Mcdavid and that one year was tied with your best year in franchise history points wise lmao. And theres the thing about the playoffs.

Jordan Belfort

Jan 13, 2016
Anaheim CA
Insert Leafs fan trying to defend a franchise who cant win at all

50 YEARS... exho. echo. echo

//Yes we can win with Mcdavid and that one year was tied with your best year in franchise history points wise lmao. And theres the thing about the playoffs.
The thing that you guys cant make because you have the worst management In the league? 4 first overall picks can’t even win you a playoff spot? And not to mention you have the worst road in Canada in the Henday.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
The thing that you guys cant make because you have the worst management In the league? 4 first overall picks can’t even win you a playoff spot? And not to mention you have the worst road in Canada in the Henday.
Yes our management is total ass, way to state what everyone already knows. We have already made the playoffs with it and either we make them again this year or the shitty management is gone.

So we went from talking about hockey to roads? Plus the Henday is actually pretty nice. Maybe you havent been to Edmonton in a while but it has gotten a huge expansion and is nicer and bigger now.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Rick Nash is still a star
In what regard? His old reputation? Nash could be an effective, two-way third liner and score around 10 goals a year, but he's far from a star. I think the smartest decision for him would be to retire, considering all his concussions.

Nash's old skillset has detoriated very quickly and he never had a good shot to start with.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->