Value of: Rick Nash

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
* I meant to say Rick Nash. Sorry. I was just listening to Armstrong on fan 590. Had him in my head.

Mods can you change it to Rick Nash.

You should be able to edit it by right-clicking on the title. I think Rick Nash is retiring

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Several years back, I was at a family event. My (now former) brother-in-law introduced one of his aunts and mentioned that her son-in-law was into hockey as well. I spoke of my beer league exploits and then she casually mentioned that her son-in-law was Colby Armstrong. Made sense in that my brother-in-law's side of the family is around where the Penguins' minor league squad is in Wilkes-Barre. [/coolstorybro]

Reactions: Elephanto

Lemontree

Fire Dubas
Feb 12, 2018
He can contribute to any team in the league. Although he is no longer the power forward top scorer he was in his early career. After playing for Hitchcock he become a much better all around winger, he could be a positive addition to just about every teams top 6 and definitely top 9 forward group. Sadly the concussions have slowed him and made him tentative to going to the net with the authority he once did. If he doesn’t play this year it’s hard to imagine he attempts to come back.

I am hoping that he decides to give it a go by Christmas time and signs a 1 year deal with his hometown Leafs.

Reactions: klingsor

tmg

Jul 10, 2003
Ottawa
I'm glad he actually chose to not play. There's more important things in life (especially for him).

But he hasn’t chosen not to play. He hasn’t decided at all yet, and because he hasn’t decided he hasn’t signed yet. But that isn’t the same as deciding not to play. Come September he will likely re evaluate. Might even attend a camp on pto to see how he feels.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
He can contribute to any team in the league. Although he is no longer the power forward top scorer he was in his early career. After playing for Hitchcock he become a much better all around winger, he could be a positive addition to just about every teams top 6 and definitely top 9 forward group. Sadly the concussions have slowed him and made him tentative to going to the net with the authority he once did. If he doesn’t play this year it’s hard to imagine he attempts to come back.

I am hoping that he decides to give it a go by Christmas time and signs a 1 year deal with his hometown Leafs.
Not I. he didn't want to play here when he was good, we don't need him now that we are good. Just gotta love Karma. lol!

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
But he hasn’t chosen not to play. He hasn’t decided at all yet, and because he hasn’t decided he hasn’t signed yet. But that isn’t the same as deciding not to play. Come September he will likely re evaluate. Might even attend a camp on pto to see how he feels.
Hey, fair enough. Although you assuming "he will likely re evaluate" is just as bad of an assumption I made.

tmg

Jul 10, 2003
Ottawa
Re evaluate doesn’t mean reverse decision. It just means think about it again. Saying that he will likely think about it again isn’t much of a leap.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
If past concussions are affecting his health and ability to live a normal and happy life, he should retire before he could make it worse by playing more hockey in the NHL. Not to say you can't get concussions by accident during day to day life, but playing hockey I think is safe to assume is riskier in that regard.

He should have enough money. His health and family should now come first if concussions are starting to affect him. But obviously it's his life and he can do what he want. We'll see, but I have a feeling he retires.

If he does sign with someone, it'll probably be in the 5-6m dollar range, IMO. Maybe less if he wants to play for a contender with limited cap space, so could be in the 4m range if that's the case. I know E. Kane got more, but teams will be wary of his health issues and recent production, plus I can't see him signing with a team that's not considered in the running for the Cup, and most, if not all, of those teams have pretty limited cap space. Not to mention he'd probably have a limited amount of cities he'd consider playing in, and he'd want to make sure he fits in well with the team and style of play, so that limits the options further again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lemontree

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
There's a running theory that his planned options are either Columbus for a year or retirement, but frankly I don't know if that's an actual rumor or just Jackets fan speculation.

Feb 24, 2017
Not I. he didn't want to play here when he was good, we don't need him now that we are good. Just gotta love Karma. lol!
Are you saying the leafs are too good for a player like Rick Nash on a presumed bargain 1 year deal?
As a contentious, two way defensive stalwart, he would be your second or third best winger come April when the game ramps up and gets gritty. Unless I’m missing someone, I’d only put him behind Marner and maybe Marleau once the playoffs start. Parlay mike’s kid into a defensive upgrade, and add Nash? Leafs are the top team in hockey to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->