Player Discussion Rick Nash

Status
Not open for further replies.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I really think this could be like Gaborik for the Kings a few years ago. Everyone saying he's washed up & finished & then he gets a change of scenery and a sense of purpose & comes in and lights it up. That's best case scenario obviously but I think the ingredients are there.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I was in the camp luke warm and suspicious about adding you mr nash... but I'm always the optimist and now I will try to focus on the good things you do instead of worry about the good things you don't do.

please try to do more good things then not do good things and you will find in me someone that loves big nasty power forwards that score big goals for the team

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I was in the camp luke warm and suspicious about adding you mr nash... but I'm always the optimist and now I will try to focus on the good things you do instead of worry about the good things you don't do.

please try to do more good things then not do good things and you will find in me someone that loves big nasty power forwards that score big goals for the team

He should be rejuvanated from going nowhere to a serious playoff run

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
You guys will absolutely love him. He's far from washed up and will definitely produce with more skilled players around him.

Monster on the PK, monster on the forecheck and monster in front of the net.
I was skeptical until we played you guys a couple weeks ago and he looked damn near elite still. Definitely a case of a guy where the numbers don't tell the story this year.

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA

Here's a scoring chance video from this season. So this doesn't include any of the plays he got points on.

That video actually kind of gets me excited. It's still a lot to give up but he still has the skills. Maybe having a good team around him can get him going again. There's a lot of smart and skillful plays in there that makes you think he could have just been snake bitten in New York.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
I really think this could be like Gaborik for the Kings a few years ago. Everyone saying he's washed up & finished & then he gets a change of scenery and a sense of purpose & comes in and lights it up. That's best case scenario obviously but I think the ingredients are there.

Funny you say that.its .i thought of Gaborik trade too who came up big for LA but Gaborik was younger and he also has performed much better then Nash in playoffs. this is purely a cross your fingers and hope that Nash scores big goals in playoffs .his past dictates unlikely but we as fans want to hope that things have to be differnt in bos that nash has found a perfect fit..sure hope so that he can have his last hurah

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Funny you say that.its .i thought of Gaborik trade too who came up big for LA but Gaborik was younger and he also has performed much better then Nash in playoffs. this is purely a cross your fingers and hope that Nash scores big goals in playoffs .his past dictates unlikely but we as fans want to hope that things have to be differnt in bos that nash has found a perfect fit..sure hope so that he can have his last hurah
Gaborik was only like a year younger at the time but had dealt with injuries for years so had harder miles on him. But yeah healthy Gaborik was always clutch. Hopefully Nash & Krejci find some chemistry together.

Reactions: Thrive

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
Nash and Nash killing penalties together is going to be confusing. It's like the Miller and Miller defensive pairing from last season.

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
Still don't love the deal but Nash is going to be an after thought for most teams trying to shut down the Bergeron line. Hopefully that means he can pick apart 2nd and 3rd d pairings.

cobrak

Feb 27, 2002
Hockeyland
I also think this might be good for Debrusk to have him on the line with Krejci. The second line will not be as cringeworthy defensively.

My main problem is I now have to get a Nash jersey card. I thought I had completed my collection of the team last week and then this happens

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I like it. DeBrusk plays a similar game to him, which will create an interesting dynamic on the Krejci line. Big frame, good skater, primarily a goal-scorer.

When things are going so poorly for a team like it has been for the Rangers, sometimes a change of scenery is all it takes.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Nash and Nash killing penalties together is going to be confusing. It's like the Miller and Miller defensive pairing from last season.

I dont think Rick Nash will play on the pk. Conserve his energy to score goals/PP

He should def be on the 1st PP unit though

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
I dont think Rick Nash will play on the pk. Conserve his energy to score goals/PP

He should def be on the 1st PP unit though

I think Krejci or Heinen might take Spooner's spot. Or maybe they'll juggle their PP setup more radically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->