Player Discussion Rick Nash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jauffre

Registered Grandmaster
Oct 10, 2009
Cloud Ruler Temple
Is it me or do a lot of Nash's 'good' chances come at the end of his shifts? He's gassed or close to it because he's trying to out muscle guys to the middle, then by the time he has a shot it's weak because he's tired. He already takes some of the shortest shifts of any supposed-scorer I've ever seen play. For a seemingly heady guy like Rick, he should recognize when to give 100% so that he can give it all when he gets his opportunity to score a goal.. just play more like a smart and sneaky type rather than a bull through the china shop type

The 4g in 2 GP is great and all, and he's looked better in these games. I think he'll continue to benefit heavily from playing with skilled guys like Buch or ZBad. Question is does he continue to score goals and salvage his season or not, it can only help though if we wish to trade him at the deadline

Reactions: yrrebbor

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
The 4g in 2 GP is great and all, and he's looked better in these games. I think he'll continue to benefit heavily from playing with skilled guys like Buch or ZBad. Question is does he continue to score goals and salvage his season or not, it can only help though if we wish to trade him at the deadline
He's played with skilled guys since he has been here. The results are exactly what they say they are.

Flying Puck

Oct 16, 2017
He has been the best Ranger forward all year and it isn’t even close. Send Mika away before we get rid I’d Nash. Mika is a huge problem on this team.

Reactions: NCRanger

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
Mika is the least of this team's problems lmao. The problem lies within AV, and then the lot of scrubs, mainly known as: Vesey, Desharnais, Carey, Holden, Staal, Holland, Kampfer, AV again, Ruff as the defensive coach(why?). Not to mention Skjei and Miller have been garbo this year.

Quinnisinoverhishead

Oct 4, 2014
Even spread but I'd say Zucca or Buch.

Zucca/Buch/Grabner/Mika have all been better than Nash.

You really value empty net goals. You can make a case for the Mika, Buch and Zucc and I would respectfully disagree with you. But, how anyone can say Grabner is playing better than Nash is mind boggling. Although Nash has not put up the goal totals we expect out of him he has been our most consistent and reliable player. Defensively for sure and offensively (highest points/even strength toi).

darko

Feb 16, 2009
You really value empty net goals. You can make a case for the Mika, Buch and Zucc and I would respectfully disagree with you. But, how anyone can say Grabner is playing better than Nash is mind boggling. Although Nash has not put up the goal totals we expect out of him he has been our most consistent and reliable player. Defensively for sure and offensively (highest points/even strength toi).

Grabner is our best PKer.

Reactions: Ori

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
He has been the best Ranger forward all year and it isn’t even close. Send Mika away before we get rid I’d Nash. Mika is a huge problem on this team.
5 of his goals came in an 8 game stretch and the last 6 have come in 5. Best forward during those 13 games? Sure. What about the others?

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Our best forward all year has been Henrik.

Our best defenseman all year has been Henrik.

Our best goalie all year has been Henrik

This team has been Henrik and a metric ton of passengers all season long.

Reactions: Igor Shestyorkin

McRanger

Sponsor
Jul 20, 2005
5 of his goals came in an 8 game stretch and the last 6 have come in 5. Best forward during those 13 games? Sure. What about the others?

Probably still Nash. He's had 4 or more shots in half the games he's played. Which is ridiculous. His production level may be streaky but his one ice performance has been pretty consistent.

Nash's most engaged stretch of the season was probably the first ten games where the he had 1 goal on 40 shots. A shooting percentage around 2%.

He's having a weird year.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
I didn't see the game last night, is it safe to assume Nash skated like the wind last night and somehow with his weak wrists and all, was able to lift the puck?

Mostly his reach made things happen as he was able to get around the goalie for slide ins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad