Rick Nash with a great stick save

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Glad to see him doing well. He was a good player for us. Fans / non fans looked at stats because of his cap hit and missed out on all the key things he did for us.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Little bit late on this... But pretty sick to see him making a save like that. I always liked Nash's game and how he plays. I think his overall game is underrated. Before the deadline I was dumbfounded that some fans (outside of NYR) were actually questioning about why teams are inquiring for Nash and saying that they wouldn't want him on their team...

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
If we're giving out Vezina's to non goalies on the Bruins, it has to be Ryder for that amazing save in the playoffs where he was playing as a lacrosse goalie.

I memba! I think he even said after that save that in summer he would often play as a goalie in some street hockey! Good ole Ryder, I also remember when on his day with the Cup he dropped it (I think it got slightly dented too, if I remember). :laugh:

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Little bit late on this... But pretty sick to see him making a save like that. I always liked Nash's game and how he plays. I think his overall game is underrated. Before the deadline I was dumbfounded that some fans (outside of NYR) were actually questioning about why teams are inquiring for Nash and saying that they wouldn't want him on their team...

It seems to me a majority of posters on this board just judge players from the amount of points they put up and also probably rarely watch players from other teams.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
It seems to me a majority of posters on this board just judge players from the amount of points they put up and also probably rarely watch players from other teams.
I agree... I am the Penguins admin of a hockey facebook group (NHL Redlight Hockey), and it's pretty similar (often worse) over there... People think they can google some numbers and then know what they're talking about. I try not to talk about players/teams that I don't watch often.

Reactions: authentic

3rdLiner

Jan 21, 2011
Cape Cod

Yeah, that's really true. I have been seeing a lot of praise for a certain player on here that seems purely based on stats.

Reactions: BruinLVGA

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Yeah, that's really true. I have been seeing a lot of praise for a certain player on here that seems purely based on stats.

Amen.

Yesterday on the poll section, in a thread about Barzal vs Hischier going forward, there was an Islanders fan (from whom the rest of the fans from that team took distance, to their credit) who spent about a dozen posts defending the notion that Hischier plays on the Devils' 1st PP unit.
Problem is... Hischier is a regular on the 2nd PP unit (probably 95% of his PP time is there). Everyone kept telling him that. He kept saying that if Hall is Hischier's linemate (he is), then Hischier must be on the 1st PP unit! He then found one of those rare clips of Hischier on the PP with the 1st PP unit, proceeded to call everyone a liar and disappeared! :laugh:

Now THAT is a classic stat watcher of the worst kind.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Glad to see him finally getting some love, Ranger fans were trying to tell everyone he's still good but no one believed it. Sucks to see him go but I'm pretty happy with the return.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Nash was always a solid defensive forward in New York. His problem has been to score goals and contributing offensively for quite a while now. You simply don't pay a forward $7.8M to perform defensively and "giving a solid effort" offensively, without results in a ridiculous amount of games, especially when the team really needs him to contribute.

If Nash's purpose in Boston is to cover defensively, you will be happy. If you expect him to score goals and set up teammates, you will be disappointed. Especially don't expect him to do something productive on the PP. Puck movement is anti-Nash. He wants to hog the puck and slide it into the goalie's pad with his patented power fail move, or shoot a weak flubber into the logo (his wrister is weak and can't shoot a slap shot). He's not a good passer either. He will look impressive killing the attack. He won't find good chemistry with anyone, because who can cooperate with a puck hogger that can't pass and can't finish?

Good luck Boston, he might find some productive value in a hidden role behind actual team carriers. I'm glad you got him off NYR's books. Maybe your coach can teach him to play to his remaining strengths (size and defensive awareness) and get out of his head that he's an offensive threat in the way he thinks he still is.

Last edited:
Reactions: Legionnaire

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad