Proposal: Rick Nash to Detroit

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Ill take Rick Nash for Justin mantha and marchenko

I won't take Rick Nash for Anthony mantha and marchenko

Holland won't trade for Rick Nash unless he goes panic mode. Cause Rick Nash isn't that great.

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
I'd love Nash on the Wings, especially if we're only giving up the lesser known Mantha.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Now that Detroit struck out on Stamkos, what are the chances Nash goes to Detroit? What about Nash at 20% retained for Justin Mantha and Alexei Marchenko?

If you're talking Justin Abdelkader then it's not happening and weren't moving Mantha for an aging Rick Nash once again not happening. Would rather sign any one of Okposo, Eriksson or Ladd then trade for Rick Nash that ship sailed when he was dealt to the Rangers.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Haha I don't know what's funnier, the typo on mantha's name or the proposal itself.

If he meant Abby, he just signed a 7 year extension that starts this season - while I'm sure you'd find some wings fans who hate the contract that would rather eat a 2 year 6.25 mil Nash to get rid of it now, it ain't happenin.

KreiderHouseRules*

Nash for Mantha, Pulkkinen, 3rd seems fair from my POV, but I'm sure some DET fans won't see the need. Not sure if DET & NYR are best trading partners. Both want to continue to get younger.

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
Nash for Mantha, Pulkkinen, 3rd seems fair from my POV, but I'm sure some DET fans won't see the need. Not sure if DET & NYR are best trading partners. Both want to continue to get younger.

Lmao no that isn't remotely fair. Mantha is a prospect that will most likely be better than what Nash is now, that is brutal for Detroit.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
Lmao no that isn't remotely fair. Mantha is a prospect that will most likely be better than what Nash is now, that is brutal for Detroit.

thats ridiculous. Look Nash was an amazing player, and now is an OK player that is overpaid.

Hes still better (more talented) than almost every Red Wing we have.

That being said....

The answer is NO, i don't want him. Don't care what the price is.

massey1984

Some Guy from the Chicago suburbs
Jun 2, 2009
McHenry County
It would have to be a salary dump kind of trade for NYR...
Nash @ 50% for a mid round pick and 2 B level prospects or something like that.

It's the same thing when it comes to Girardi. They're going to eat half or pair him with a very high ceiling young player like Chicago did to get rid of Bickell.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
RWs do not want Nash except way below discount, and NY has suitors for him

only clear win win deal is Girardi + Raanta, 50% retained to .5, for Howard, which is similar $

G fits Det defense which is not AV style and will be fine if he does 3RD at 10ish mins per night not double + that.

Staal is also possible, not sure we can agree on that return.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->