Rick Nash Retires/Appreciation thread

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
The Bengals will put up a monument to Marvin Lewis. Book it.

For the record, Bob is 5-14 in playoff games while Marvelous Marv was 0-7.

Debatable on Marvin. He holds the team record for coaching wins but accomplished nothing else. He only holds the wins record because Mike Brown kept him around much longer than any other coach.

Apples and oranges on their records. 1 playoff game in the NFL essentially equates to an entire playoff round in hockey since that is what determines who moves on to the next round. In that instance they are both "0 for" in their careers.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
The Bengals will erect a Marvin Lewis statue because he seemed to have a status (nigh untouchable for many years) within the organization that no coach who didn't own the team had achieved before him.

This guy had job security that even Wyche (probably a better coach) would have envied.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Debatable on Marvin. He holds the team record for coaching wins but accomplished nothing else. He only holds the wins record because Mike Brown kept him around much longer than any other coach.

Apples and oranges on their records. 1 playoff game in the NFL essentially equates to an entire playoff round in hockey since that is what determines who moves on to the next round. In that instance they are both "0 for" in their careers.

Nothing debatable about ole Marv. 131-129-3 overall record including playoffs. Mediocrity personified-I absolutely agree. Would have been fired by virtually any other ownership after the playoff meltdown vs. Pittsburgh a few years back.

He'll never be a head coach again in the NFL. Mike Brown was his personal benefactor.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
There are many things that I will never forgive Doug MacLean for. Wasting the best years of Nash's career is just one of many.

Wish he could have come home to a better team, but health comes first. Hopefully all will be well for him going forward.
I think sometimes I forget just how good he was.

Could you imagine prime Nash inserted into the current lineup?! :naughty:

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Nash should have both his number retired AND be looked at for the hall of fame before Bobby.

"It is what it is"

Is not gonna get you your number retired. He might not even get a video at this point.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Nash should have both his number retired AND be looked at for the hall of fame before Bobby.

"It is what it is"

Is not gonna get you your number retired. He might not even get a video at this point.

No matter how ugly it currently is between Bob and the FO, if Brett Favre can be forgiven and jersey number retired in Green Bay, even after his incredibly toxic exit, the CBJ and Bobrovsky will be just fine. (And yes, he will be honored one day whether you like it or not.)

"It is what it is" or "I requested a trade for the benefit of the team." Both are going to have ungraceful exits.

cbj21

Oct 2, 2005
Shampoo land
I remember the season where he scored in half the games or so and there was a game where we were leading and someone said "and Nash hasn't scored yet". Great memories.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
There's a movement to sign him for one day then retire his number in our rafters.... I know it's a stretch but after 20 years we're one of the few NHL teams with nothing in our rafters other than mold and cob webs... Thoughts??

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
There's a movement to sign him for one day then retire his number in our rafters.... I know it's a stretch but after 20 years we're one of the few NHL teams with nothing in our rafters other than mold and cob webs... Thoughts??

Is there any chance that we could get a waiver from the NHL to dress him as a 19th skater, have him take the opening face-off and immediately head to the bench to be replaced by the scheduled starting center and then to the dressing room?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->