Rick Nash has retired

Allan92

Jan 2, 2016
Meath
Shame, always played well although he had no finish throughout his final few years in NY

But he was a two way beast

ForsbergForever

May 19, 2004
That's really too bad, he was one of my favorite players growing up. He was great early in his career and I really thought the sky was the limit for him. Alas, I guess fate is a cruel mistress...

InglewoodJack

Jun 10, 2009
Châteauguay
Good call.

Really one of the most overrated players in the history of the game though.
Good call but he was one of the best shooters in the league for a stretch (not to mention playing an integral part on team canada for some years) and it's a shame that he always shined on bad to mediocre teams. Would've loved to see him go to Pittsburgh or Chicago or something at his peak a la Kessel or Hossa to really see what he was able to do.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Good call but he was one of the best shooters in the league for a stretch (not to mention playing an integral part on team canada for some years) and it's a shame that he always shined on bad to mediocre teams. Would've loved to see him go to Pittsburgh or Chicago or something at his peak a la Kessel or Hossa to really see what he was able to do.
Oh well he was happy making millions and not making the playoffs.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
He was good, but not the franchise changer the media claimed. If he was in a bigger market, he would have taken so much heat for the BJ's being so inept.

Furio

you got a bee on your hat
Nov 20, 2018
Naples
I wish him the best. He was a lot of fun to watch in his prime. He also seems like just a genuinely really nice person off the ice.

Reactions: dalewood12

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Sad to see. Guy had unreal talent and it's such a shame that most of his career was wasted playing on a garbage team with a bunch of scrub players. Crazy that he was able to win a Rocket in those circumstances.

Wish him the best in his recovery.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Good call.

Really one of the most overrated players in the history of the game though.
Scored 42 goals in 14/15 which was one of the lowest scoring seasons in the NHL since 03/04 which was the lowest scoring season since the 50s. Oh and he scored 41 goals that year.
Fantastic twoway player and 4th in goals in the NHL over his career.

Not many players created their own goals like he did in his prime, he did it all on his own time after time and scored tons of fantastic goals.

Nash was absolutely amazing in his prime and a damn good player until 15/16 when he started to decline because of injuries. Was still on pace for 20, 28 and 25 goals his last three seasons where he struggled with injuries and wasnt healthy.

He wasnt as good in the playoffs as he should have been but your comment is pretty ignorant, he was an absolutely fantastic goalscorer and twoway player. Which is why he won two olympic golds as well because he could play in all situations and was a fantastic PKer etc.

Wease

Apr 14, 2007
Powell, OH
Nash before his concussions, was a force. He was a shell of himself the past few years due to tentative play from those concussions. People forget how much these injuries hurt players and their ability to play their game. There were times you could tell he was going about 75% and you know it was due to him not being 100% or feeling like he could get hurt again.

Prime Rick Nash was one of my favorite players, I'll miss watching him play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad