Rick Nash Absolutely Sensational!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NFITO

hockeyinsanity*****
Jun 19, 2002
www.hockeyinsanity.com
so guys... how long before we can start saying that Nash is now overrated???

Too much hype because of a hat trick against a weak team. I'm sure there have been many other players that have gotten a hat trick against Latvia before, who aren't given near the credit that Nash is here.... IMO it's over-hyping a player - a common theme here at HF.

Nash was very good for Canada... as Pierre would say - Monster of the game!

But come on... one hat trick against weak competition and he's the next one??

I hope Nash can continue his play though... he was one of the few solid team canada players yesterday (along with the top line). The rest of the team played like they haven't played much hockey this year.

I wish I could have seen the other performances as well to get an idea of how non-team Canada players have been playing.

Wisent

Nov 15, 2003
Mannheim
Visit site
nuckfan in TO said:

Too much hype because of a hat trick against a weak team. I'm sure there have been many other players that have gotten a hat trick against Latvia before, who aren't given near the credit that Nash is here.... IMO it's over-hyping a player - a common theme here at HF.

I hope Nash can continue his play though... he was one of the few solid team canada players yesterday (along with the top line). The rest of the team played like they haven't played much hockey this year.

I wish I could have seen the other performances as well to get an idea of how non-team Canada players have been playing.

For weak competition, Canada had to sweat quite a lot. They had a great powerplay, but without it...
Of course I know that powerplay belongs to the game, but what I mean is that Latvia was far from weak.

bizzz*

That means he is -1 in 5on5 game...
No, that means he is +1 in 5on5.

ya, hehe. he played sooo great that he got four points in 1 game but is only a plus 1. as always all offence but no defence to his game at all.
http://live82.ihwc.net/english/boxscores/?game=1000000316
Latvians scored 4 goals, Nash was on the ice only for 1 of them (to be exact - 4th), and the only conclusion you can make is "no defense to his game at all". Brilliant.
Morrow and Fisher were minus-2, so following your logic they have to quit and don't play hockey at all..

NFITO

hockeyinsanity*****
Jun 19, 2002
www.hockeyinsanity.com
Wisent said:
For weak competition, Canada had to sweat quite a lot. They had a great powerplay, but without it...
Of course I know that powerplay belongs to the game, but what I mean is that Latvia was far from weak.

they were far from weak, because in the game, Canada was far from strong. They played a weak game.

We've seen lots of competition at this level over the years, and performances like that don't win you games against the top teams in the world... we played like that, and unless the opposition is as rusty, we'd lose to Russian, Sweden, Czech, US or even Finland... all these teams have more talent than Latvia does.

Unlike Canada, most of these teams (not the US most likely) have most of their players playing through the season... so if this rusty team Canada team is playing Russia who's players have all been playing through the year, it's more than likely we take the loss instead of the win we had against Latvia.

Latvia looked better because Canada was so rusty overall.

Not a huge problem though IMO... it's expected that Canada would be rusty, and likely will be for the next game... the round robin gives the team a chance to come together though and get better.

wassup77

Nov 15, 2004
Sweden
bizoncol said:
No, that means he is +1 in 5on5.

http://live82.ihwc.net/english/boxscores/?game=1000000316
Latvians scored 4 goals, Nash was on the ice only for 1 of them (to be exact - 4th), and the only conclusion you can make is "no defense to his game at all". Brilliant.
Morrow and Fisher were minus-2, so following your logic they have to quit and don't play hockey at all..

If he is total +1 and is +2 in PP that means with easy math that he is -1 in 5on5 (4-3 Total and 2-0 pp and 2-3 in 5on5...)

NFITO

hockeyinsanity*****
Jun 19, 2002
www.hockeyinsanity.com
wassup77 said:
If he is total +1 and is +2 in PP that means with easy math that he is -1 in 5on5 (4-3 Total and 2-0 pp and 2-3 in 5on5...)

how's that? do you get a + on the PP in World hockey stats? I know you don't in the NHL.

Nash would be a +1 5 on 5 as a result.

he was on the ice for one Latvian goal - so he's a -1.
he was on the ice for 2 PP goals for - so that's a 0 (since PP doesn't count on +/- stats unless it's a '-' for shorthanded goal).
he was on the ice for 2 ES goals for - so that's a +2.

it would balance to +1 overall 5 on 5, as PP wouldn't be factored.

If it's different in world championship stats, then you'd be right.

wassup77

Nov 15, 2004
Sweden
nuckfan in TO said:
how's that? do you get a + on the PP in World hockey stats? I know you don't in the NHL.

Nash would be a +1 5 on 5 as a result.

he was on the ice for one Latvian goal - so he's a -1.
he was on the ice for 2 PP goals for - so that's a 0 (since PP doesn't count on +/- stats unless it's a '-' for shorthanded goal).
he was on the ice for 2 ES goals for - so that's a +2.

it would balance to +1 overall 5 on 5, as PP wouldn't be factored.

If it's different in world championship stats, then you'd be right.

ahaa, I didn't know that. You're probably right. Then I understand hehehehe...:snide:

chum

Feb 27, 2002
wassup77 said:

for someone that puts such a great weight on the +/- stats you sure don't sound like you know enough about how +/- works.

Wetcoaster

PapaBear said:
He is the best player right now! I dont care what people say. He will be on team canada for the next 20 yrs. Hat trick today, did you kids see the moves he put on? No one could do that! Rick Nash for President! Just sick player to watch!
I think the US would need a constitutional amendment for that - only native-born Americans can become President :eek:

mackdogs*

Wisent said:
He had a nice game today, but that half breakaway goal shouldn't have counted.
Why not? He put the puck right through the goalie's 5-hole. It was an ugly goal but perfectly legit.

Sloppy ugly game from Canada... but they did what they had to do and won. Look for them to improve with every game.

cbjfan

Jul 4, 2002
Visit site
nuckfan in TO said:

2G 1A +2 vs. USA

I am guessing you are going to say that the US is weak competition too :dunno:

wassup77

Nov 15, 2004
Sweden
cbjfan said:
2G 1A +2 vs. USA

I am guessing you are going to say that the US is weak competition too :dunno:

I have to tell you that I was also doubting him being something special before this game, after playing teams like Slovenia and Latvia. But now I am convinced that he is a superstar. His second goal was just art! He is really something...

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
He's already taken home the Richard trophy. I'd say that as revelations go, this is belated as hell. Kid's been a superstar for six months. Shrug?

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
...I think that even with a full compliment of players...(ie:Sakic,Richards,Iginla,Vinny etc.) 61 would still have been selected.

PapaBear*

Rick Nash does it again, what can you say

This kid is simply sensational. If he ever gets to have a decent centreman in CLB, he will win the rocket richard trophy for the next 5yrs.

I just want to see the Thornton-Nash together on the same NHL team!

PapaBear*

good? lol the dude is unstoppable right now, hes a one man wrecking crew. 5 goals in what 3 games? Hey what were the lines today. I heard Smyth was with Draps and Malts.

Chris

Oct 24, 2004
PapaBear said:
good? lol the dude is unstoppable right now, hes a one man wrecking crew. 5 goals in what 3 games? Hey what were the lines today. I heard Smyth was with Draps and Malts.
Nash - Thornton - Gagne
Doan - Morrison - Heatley
Maltby - Draper - Smyth
Morrow - Marleau - ?

Anyone know who was in the fourth-line RW spot or any of the D pairings? I'm fairly certain Regehr was with Jovanovski (ha, imagine that!), but I don't know about any of the other ones.

BruinsGirl

Aug 27, 2002
Bruinsville, MA
Visit site
PapaBear said:
This kid is simply sensational. If he ever gets to have a decent centreman in CLB, he will win the rocket richard trophy for the next 5yrs.

I just want to see the Thornton-Nash together on the same NHL team!

Do you see them on Bruins??? :clap: :)

PapaBear*

Chris said:
Nash - Thornton - Gagne
Doan - Morrison - Heatley
Maltby - Draper - Smyth
Morrow - Marleau - ?

Anyone know who was in the fourth-line RW spot or any of the D pairings? I'm fairly certain Regehr was with Jovanovski (ha, imagine that!), but I don't know about any of the other ones.

We have too many LW. Smyth on RW, Doan LW and Gagne RW LOL, good thing they are versatile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad