Rick DiPietro

Status
Not open for further replies.

TML

Dec 13, 2003
Hamilton
Which Goalie?

Hey guys I'm in a fantasy hockey WCOH pool...

Goalies Picked Already:
Brodeur
Esche
Vokoun
Kiprussoff
Tellqvist

Should I pick DiPietro with my upcoming pick? Do you think he'll play in any games for the US?

Thanks in advance!

-TML

Last edited:

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
if you want a starter, kolzig should play every minute

but then again, if you want a goalie who wont face a million shots, dipietro or salo are probably the backups with the most chance of starting

dw2927

Feb 13, 2004
Paavola, Mich.
TML, I don't think Dipietro will see too much time...

.I do think that Ilya Bryzgalov could end up having a decent tourney..He's the only Russian GK with appreciable NorAm experience so look for him to get the nod and perhaps put up some solid if unspectacular numbers, maybe a chance for some spectacular ones if the Russians get far...

Jan Lasak might be the best goalie in this tourney that no one's heard about. with guys like Zdeno Chara on defense in front of him, he could suprise.

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
dw2927 said:
Jan Lasak might be the best goalie in this tourney that no one's heard about. with guys like Zdeno Chara on defense in front of him, he could suprise.

lol, there are no other "guys like" Zdeno Chara on that defense, which is exactly the problem :D

TML

Dec 13, 2003
Hamilton
Bryzgalov and Lasak havebeen chosen.

It's down to these goalies, now:

RUS: Sokolov
SWE: Salo
USA: DiPietro
GER: Kolzig
CZE: Cechmanek

Wins=1 Points
Shutouts=2 Points

A little advice?

Thanks in advance!

-TML

dw2927

Feb 13, 2004
Paavola, Mich.
Sokolov made a good case against the USA in the last exhib. game, I suppose he's still in the running for the top job...and Stana with his performance tonight, prob. will get some time too..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad