Rumor: Rick Bowness to Rangers "going to happen" (Buccigross)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KreiderHouseRules*

I like this. Winner. Smart guy. Maybe he can teach AV about possession.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
He's very good at what he does. Has had a number of nhl head coaching oppurtunities over the years-- Winnipeg, Boston, Ottawa, the Islanders and Phoenix.

Remember him as a player. Pretty much a 4th line winger when he could stick. How many marginal nhl players go on to become good coaches? Lots.

Maineice11

Dec 7, 2006
Maine
I hate this, really felt Beukeboom deserved a shot. Perhaps Gorton is thinking when this fails he'll fire the entire coaching staff and then will bring up Beukeboom and build a coaching lineup around him (not saying that will make Beuk the head coach, just saying they'd start with him).

I hope this does not mean the end of McIlrath with the Rangers.

Depending on the roster somewhat, I think this team with AV behind the bench will start out at 0-10 and the coaching staff will be fired. I just think AV lost the room last year and despite him the team was able to get 100 points and make the playoffs, so I don't think he will get the room back this season, but time will tell.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
It's a tough spot for Beukeboom. As a stay at home non mobile defender he's teaching/coaching from that mindset. Doubt he gets an associate coaching position. Head coach? I can see that

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
Rick Bowness played with and coached Scott Arniel in Winnipeg back in the day. Joined the Bruins organization as ahl head coach, Gordie Clark was an assistant to Bowness the one season he coached the Bruins.

He was also a teammate of Joe Micheletti on the Blues in 1980.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
Rick Bowness played with and coached Scott Arniel in Winnipeg back in the day. Joined the Bruins organization as ahl head coach, Gordie Clark was an assistant to Bowness the one season he coached the Bruins.

He was also a teammate of Joe Micheletti on the Blues in 1980.

Can't tell if I'm impressed by his resume or mad that this might just be another case of hiring a good OL boy

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
No surprise. When the Pat Leonard report surfaced about Bowness replacing Ulf,it was reported TB was keeping Bowness. They were replacing Steve Thomas with Todd Richards. Buccigross has lousy Rangers sources.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Just hire a complete scrub and get this entire coaching staff fired by December.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
And this one will last a lifetime.

Hopefully something will be officially confirmed soon. If Bowness does re-up with Tampa, I'd prefer to replace Ulf with someone who has NHL experience, like a Brad Shaw.

Why would Bowness come to the Rangers with AV having 2 years left on his contract and the Rangers embarking on a reconstruction/rebuild/retool?

Bowness has been a head coach before and maybe could see a promotion in his future?

NernieBichols

Aug 8, 2011
Possession Obsession. Possessed by Possession. Bow to my Possession Stats.

Guess Tampa couldnt let a Possession Guru go. Are the Rangers run by complete morons again now that Bowness chose to stay with the TBL Did he do so because the Rangers organization are such morons and their possession stats so bad?

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
And this one will last a lifetime.

Hopefully something will be officially confirmed soon. If Bowness does re-up with Tampa, I'd prefer to replace Ulf with someone who has NHL experience, like a Brad Shaw.

Bowness has been a head coach before and maybe could see a promotion in his future?

Bowness is 61 years old.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Without knowing much, I would prefer a little new blood and a little less nepotism. AV has proven to be a little "rigid" and this wouldn't change that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad