TV: Rick and Morty - Renewed for 70 more episodes

Cory Trevor

Smokes, Let's go
Sep 23, 2009
Waltham
This season has really hit its stride after 2/3/4 being really weak. Those episodes were written by the new writers they hired that don't seem to understand the show.

This doesn't fit.

Episode 3 was one of the better episodes, I thought Pickle Rick was great.

HockeyThoughts

Delivering The Truth
Jul 23, 2007
Mississauga
I thought Jerry's story in the most recent episode was pretty terrible. Whereas Rick and Beth's was awesome (the cannninalistic dude was hilarious).

Very uneven episode.

Reactions: Kelly

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
I just got HBO so I've been watching all of Silicon Valley. I watched a few episodes last night, then I switched over to the latest episode of Rick and Morty. All episode I was thinking "I KNOW I recognize that voice of Tommy, but I just can't figure out who it is"

I guess that should have come to me a little bit quicker

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I just got HBO so I've been watching all of Silicon Valley. I watched a few episodes last night, then I switched over to the latest episode of Rick and Morty. All episode I was thinking "I KNOW I recognize that voice of Tommy, but I just can't figure out who it is"

I guess that should have come to me a little bit quicker
Dan Harmon's really tight with that group in general, so I'd definitely expect to hear Kumail pop up at some point, too.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Dan Harmon's really tight with that group in general, so I'd definitely expect to hear Kumail pop up at some point, too.
He had a pretty funny spot in a mostly unremarkable episode of Archer so I would think he could be an excellent addition to the voice cast whether as a cameo or regular.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I said this already but it got deleted during the great migration.

Beths characterization as a violent psychopath made no sense. Its never been referenced before outside possible the couples therapy episode and even thats a stretch. I honestly thought Rick was gaslighting her when he started saying that.

Other than that great episode.
Lifehacker: Horrible Rick & Morty Fans Demonstrate How Not to Be a Fan. http://google.com/newsstand/s/CBIwwpOHljY
Lol. I was browsing reddit and I saw a guy, not sure how old, say he was thinking of breaking up with his girl because she didn't like Rick and Morty. This show for some reason is attracting a seriously deranged fanbase.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Didn't know that was a thing. Judging by the types of comments, I guess it's because some of the people who gravitate towards the show apparently identify with Rick and see all of his faults as virtues.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Yeah it's unfortunate because R/M is so "meme worthy" and Rick can be identified with by the low mannered of our society but it is what it is. I don't watch it to be part of its community.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
"I...words...Don Cheadle" :laugh:

Not sure how I feel about that one. Wasn't the kind of end to the season I was expecting.

Last edited:

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Yeah, it was a good episode, but a poor finale. If they switched the Citadel episode with this one, it would have been a lot better.

That being said, this episode had a lot of good quotes.

“What was that?”
“Death”
“What kind?”
“Instant”

Reactions: Breakdowns

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Harmon did an interview with EW saying that tonight's episode was a good episode they had to turn into a finale when the season got shortened from 14 to 10 episodes.

That explains that

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Harmon did an interview with EW saying that tonight's episode was a good episode they had to turn into a finale when the season got shortened from 14 to 10 episodes.

That explains that

I still loved it. Good episode, just not a strong ending note.

I hope their contract talks go smoothly and they write S4 faster. This is one of the biggest shows on TV, just give them all the money and resources they need.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
It wasn't bad. It was a good episode.

Season probably would have been better if they simply took the Citadel episode, made it the finale, and pushed the other episodes back.

Reactions: Breakdowns

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Pretty solid episode, Thought the ending/finale would be more like last years leaving a bit of a cliff hanger and such.

Also no Evil Morty or Phoenix Person / Tammy fallout yet.. weird.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->