Richter ESPN Plexiglass commercial...

toolboa

Oct 21, 2006
Chicago b/c of fam..
Do you remember the ESPN promo for the Stanley Cup Playoffs where Mike Richter was taking shots, and he let a puck get by him and hit the clear plexiglass covering the net behind him...then he turned around, rubbed the mark off, and commenced to making saves? I can't find it ANYWHERE online...not youtube, not google or yahoo video...

does anyone out there know where this can be found??

Many thanks in advance...

Balej20*

hahahah that was a great commercial. Wish someone could find it.

Anyone remember the Beukaboom commercial for ESPN? Pukeaboom. hahahahaha

You 'Orns!
Feb 11, 2004
Mannahatta
Those ESPN ads were amongst my favourite ads ever. I remember one with Nick Kypreos and a cute furry rabbit that I loved and another with Kovalev complaining about LI accents back when he could barely speak English. Shanny and Richter were, in my opinion the two best in those ads, though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7LEvSqD8pQ

Richter also did some ads for the IFC channel when it was fairly new that were hilarious.

dank

Jan 11, 2006
NYC
haha, in that ad Federov (i think) says, "Shanny, take a ride in the clouds."

no idea what that means but it can't be nice..

Balej20*

Those ESPN ads were amongst my favourite ads ever. I remember one with Nick Kypreos and a cute furry rabbit that I loved and another with Kovalev complaining about LI accents back when he could barely speak English. Shanny and Richter were, in my opinion the two best in those ads, though:

OMG, those were all hilarious. Can anyone find any of those?

Pogo

Dec 18, 2005
Israel
My two favs are the one with Richter eating chinese food in a takeaway box with chopsticks and then he catches a fly with the chopsticks, and the one with Beukes and soemone else (don't remember) saying how hockey players aren't dumb like people think. Then they give some "facts", it was something along the lines of: "Lord Stanley gave the cup to the hockey tournament in 1867, the same year Christopher Columbus discovered America".
Both were from the magical 93-94 season where everything went our way. Those two commercials symbolize the good old days for me.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
I always liked the ones with Kovalev For a Ranger-Pen game on ESPN.

Kovalev: How can you tell the differnce between a boy and girl penguin?

You can't!

Its a PP Goal

Sep 2, 2005
NY
I remember ESPN did one with Mark Recchi. He was known as a "two way player" and a girl dumped him because she had the wrong idea. :)

clmetsfan

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2007
I always liked the ones with Kovalev For a Ranger-Pen game on ESPN.

Kovalev: How can you tell the differnce between a boy and girl penguin?

You can't!

Or Adam Graves taking slapshot after slapshot at the blueline on an empty rink, then looks at the camera and says "Feels like I'm playing the Flyers"

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Bump from ages ago via a Google search. But seriously this was an amazing commercial. Can anybody come up with it?

I have it buried on a VHS tape somewhere. I remember taping it when I was a kid, don't know exactly where it is now though.

They shot it at Rye Playland, I remember it like it was yesterday.

I remember tweeting to Linda Cohn about it, and she remembers. Maybe she can ask someone at ESPN to help dig it up...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->