Richards,St.Louis,and Gagne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Carlson

Apr 7, 2004
pei fan said:
Anyone else notice how little icetime the Richards line got? What gives with that?

They shortened the bench in the third and and overtime. I really don't see why though.

Chelios

Jan 1, 2004
Visit site
I`m not exactly sure why they did it, but if they were going to sit one line I agree that it should be that line.

Rocky Saginuts

Jul 21, 2004
Hamildump, Ontario
That line has not been dangerous since the Montreal games - not sure why. Richards (one of my fav players btw) was very weak yesterday - the Czech were flingin' him around like crazy.

It's probably the chicken/egg thing: less ice time/less effecitive and vice versa.

Mountain Dude

That line had a particularly bad game. I was pretty sure that if any line wasn't going to be rotated in OT it was that line.

Jacques Plante

Aug 29, 2004
Montreal--Downtown
The guys on SRC pointed that out as well. They said that over the course of the tourny Pat Quinn was rolling 4 lines against all opponents. Last night he wanted the checking line of Doan, Draper and Thronton out against the Jagr line to shut them down. So with Jagr being on the ice alot, Quinn put out the chicking line and that lead to diminished ice time for some CDN players, in other words, the Richards line.

RW8

Feb 10, 2004
Yea.. I noticed about 4 times Richards didnt receive a pass. But other than last night he's had a great tournament.

Knucklez

Jan 1, 2004
Behind the bench!
Visit site
The 2 players I really noticed have weak games where Richards and Hannan. Meanwhile the grind line was playing great, especially shutting down Jagr, so they played lots. I just think over the course of the game Quinn relied more heavily on which lines where playing well.

Rocky Saginuts

Jul 21, 2004
Hamildump, Ontario
Yeah, I noticed that about Richards too - just completely whiffing on passes on his tape. Very unusual as he is a model of consistency and competence.

Acutally, the whole team seemed out of sorts and goobling with the puck in centre ice. And where was Ryan Smyth yesterday? He's had an amazing tourney, but he was practically invisible last night.

And L-Hossa's right about that. Draper was more dangerous in the offensive end, then he was air-tight in the defensive zone. Jagr was tossing him aside fairly easily.

Ah well, a win's a win.

McThome

Aug 12, 2003
Edmonton
www.geocities.com
It was a matter of not even considering sitting that first line. Then the Smyth-Lecavalier-Heatley line has been damn great. Drapers line was doing to good a job defensively. It was a matter of the other three not being as good defensively as Drapers line and simply not as good as the SLH line

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
St. Louis and Richards were terrible last night... I would have shortened the bench quicker -were I coaching...

The DDT line did a great job against Jagr's... Thornton won alot of BIG draws... 2 of the 3 Czechs were held without a shot and Jagr only scored while on a PP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad