Richards injury update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Canada's captain Mike Richards left yesterday's game with an injured knee. Sutter said after the game it is not serious and he is considered day to day, likely to play versus Finland.

TSN-
Canadian captain Michael Richards was involved in a collision near the boards late in the first period and left the ice with some difficulty, appearing to have injured his right leg, and head coach Brent Sutter sent him to the showers.

''He's going to be fine,'' Sutter said. ''It was more of a precautionary situation.

''I thought it was best for him to go get iced down so he's ready for our next game.''

Lalonde

Aug 20, 2004
Don_Cherry said:
''He's going to be fine,'' Sutter said. ''It was more of a precautionary situation.

''I thought it was best for him to go get iced down so he's ready for our next game.''

Thank God.

Puckhead

Jun 13, 2004
Behind you!!!
This team is deep enough to not really miss a beat if one of their guys suffers an injury, but Richards is one of the very few you would want to lose. He is so poised, he has the skill, the desire, the hussle and the leadership that really can't be replaced, in a short tourney like this. A real heart and sole guy who gives it everything he's got on every shift.

Last edited:

RoyIsALegend*

Puckhead said:
This team is deep enough to not really miss a beat if one of their guys suffers an injury, but Richards is one of the very few you want to lose.

Hahahaha!

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Yeah thank god it's not serious.

Everyone remembers what happened the last time we lost our captain to injury in this tournament. Hell I think that was against Germany as well, how ironic.

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
Richards is an integral part of Canada's team... I think we could win without him... but if he's in the lineup and we get average goaltending we are the favorite to win this tournament... It means more ice time for the "energy line" and more for crosby and bergeron...

I hope he's okay though.... he's a major asset and brings alot to the table in a one game final atmosphere...
Hopefully Barkers back as well..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad