Richard Sevigny - 1979 Stanley Cup champion?

Doctor No

Oct 26, 2005
hockeygoalies.org
So one of my tasks for my goaltender page is a list of all Cup-winning goaltenders. And I'm looking through The Official National Hockey League Stanley Cup Centennial Book as my source, and the 1979 Montreal Canadiens' entry lists three goaltenders on the Cup - Dryden, Larocque, and Richard Sevigny.

Considering that Sevigny didn't make his NHL debut until November 18th of that year, I'm exceptionally surprised to see this. Is his name really on the Cup? Does anyone have a picture of their piece of the Cup to prove/disprove this?

Thanks!

Psycho Papa Joe

Porkchop Hoser
Feb 27, 2002
Cesspool, Ontario
Visit site
So one of my tasks for my goaltender page is a list of all Cup-winning goaltenders. And I'm looking through The Official National Hockey League Stanley Cup Centennial Book as my source, and the 1979 Montreal Canadiens' entry lists three goaltenders on the Cup - Dryden, Larocque, and Richard Sevigny.

Considering that Sevigny didn't make his NHL debut until November 18th of that year, I'm exceptionally surprised to see this. Is his name really on the Cup? Does anyone have a picture of their piece of the Cup to prove/disprove this?

Thanks!

In game two of the final, Laroque was injured in the pre-game warm up, a game he was supposed to start, so it's not out of the realm of possibility that Sevigny dressed and served as backup to Dryden in a least one of the games in the final.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->