Confirmed with Link: Richard Panik 4 years at 2.65 mil

HandsomeTom43

May 2, 2018
I assume you meant Panik, 2nd, and 3rd for Bura? That doesn't factor in losing Connolly though. It's really Panik, 2nd, 3rd, and next signing for Bura and Connolly.

Yes that is correct, it was too late for me to be online, but I had traveled all weekend and was trying to catch up on the news. I guess add Garnett Hathaway to that mix.

GMBM playing chess, everyone else playing checkers. I can't really idenftify any other team to make such shrewd moves this past offseason, although overall, I'm impressed with what the Rangers have been able to do.

blee088

Jul 1, 2019
i think its important to get guys like connolly out. i think part of the the reason the caps won the cup is they didn't have any bottom 6 guys who thought they should be top 6 guys. connolly really blossomed and happy for him, but he needs to go be a top 6 guy. I think that is really important somehow. And that's why I predicted the maple leafs wouldn't get far in the playoffs. it's not good to have top 6 guys in the bottom 6. Now you can argue that Panik is a similar performer as connolly, but there is a difference because connolly has more ambition. Panik didn't put up a career year. stephenson also has to go he's a top 6 AHLer.

Reactions: Pomee

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Capitals found their guy in Richard Panik and pushed hard to get him

"Obviously, I would like to get back on track on that 20-goal mark,” Panik said. “But I think in Washington with the style they're playing, I can do it easily. It's going to be up to me.”

“We like his two-way game,” MacLellan said. “He's always produced somewhat offensively. We expect him to be that 35-to-45-point range. His 5-on-5 point production has been pretty solid. He can play in a top-6 role, at times. Then this year, I think we've been impressed by his PK ability. I thought that he picked that up really well. He skates well, he's got some size and a good skill level. So, I think we like a lot of things about him. He'll fit well on our third line.”

“It was the best offer I had pretty much from the beginning,” Panik said. “[The Capitals] offered me four years. Nobody else did. That was the main reason. That's why I chose [Washington]. I wanted a longer deal, and they were willing to do it right away.”
“That was the best offer I could get and really happy I signed with Washington,” he added. “It's a great team and a great organization. They're always in the playoffs and it's a good opportunity for me. Hopefully I will be helping the team doing the best way I can."

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
i think its important to get guys like connolly out. i think part of the the reason the caps won the cup is they didn't have any bottom 6 guys who thought they should be top 6 guys. connolly really blossomed and happy for him, but he needs to go be a top 6 guy. I think that is really important somehow. And that's why I predicted the maple leafs wouldn't get far in the playoffs. it's not good to have top 6 guys in the bottom 6. Now you can argue that Panik is a similar performer as connolly, but there is a difference because connolly has more ambition. Panik didn't put up a career year. stephenson also has to go he's a top 6 AHLer.
giphy.gif

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
“It was the best offer I had pretty much from the beginning,” Panik said. “[The Capitals] offered me four years. Nobody else did. That was the main reason. That's why I chose [Washington]. I wanted a longer deal, and they were willing to do it right away.”

Thats really a thing now. Interesting to see how McBrian gets Vrana worked out fo(u)r his years with the cap we have remaining..

flemo

Jan 7, 2010
Pan is a men, but panik is a very young men.
Most probably virgin)
Please stop pretend you understand slovak :).
His name is Pánik.
"Pán" means lord or Mr.
Pánik is a little "Pán". The word is sometimes used for a rich men, who do you not like a lot, especially for someone who acts like a bigger boss than he really is.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Ovi: “Richard... you come to DC and drink with us. We drink in bars, water fountains, in the streets.... wherever we want. And if you get into trouble with police, us Russians have the president on speed dial.”

Haha, had me laughing for a while.

Reactions: HSHS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->