Richard Nedomlel, offensive dynamo?

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
6th round pick by the Wings this year, drafted to be a defensive guy and a fighter. He had 10 points all season long.

Now... he has 5 points in 4 games, and not all in one amazing game either. He's leading his team in scoring. Can anybody who's seen him comment? Seems like he's developing into a key PP guy for Swift Current, as he was supposedly used there at the end of the season and really excelled.

DetBigWangs

Dec 15, 2009
6th round pick by the Wings this year, drafted to be a defensive guy and a fighter. He had 10 points all season long.

Now... he has 5 points in 4 games, and not all in one amazing game either. He's leading his team in scoring. Can anybody who's seen him comment? Seems like he's developing into a key PP guy for Swift Current, as he was supposedly used there at the end of the season and really excelled.

This could be huge. He was supposed to be more of a stay-at-home snarly defender that is big and can fight. If he adds offensive skills to his repertoire...

Michael Gary Scott

Toronto Maple Tron's
Apr 27, 2010

Yea, good joke

cjm502

Bingo Bango!
Jun 22, 2010
Mid Michigan
I read something written by someone who watched almost every game of his last season and they said he was awesome on the PP at the end of last season when they put him on it and his game completely changed and he was doing things people didnt think he was capable of. If he keeps producing like this I will be shocked but I expect him to be one of the more impressive defenseman in the WHL this year.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Yea, good joke

The wings drafted Callahan (1 fight off the rookie fight record for th WHL) and Nedomlel who got kicked out of his league in the czech republic for being too violent and was forced to play in the WHL after (200 something pims in 40 games) in 2 of the last 3 drafts.

Yeah the wings draft tough guys.

As for Nedomlel, apparently he is wreckless out there with ahuge mean streak and fights heavyweights in the WHL already. Up until last year he had never even been in a fight.

If his puck skills improve steadily he could be a solid #6 defenseman Matt Carkner type potentially

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
Here is hope that he makes his way into WJC team, very exciting player to watch.

Mr Lahey*

Maybe we should wait for a bigger sample size?

I mean, by this logic Sami Vatanen has the same numbers as a goon so we should write him off.

Anchor Town*

I see him finishing at about .5 PPG by the end of the season, great start though, hopefully he continues to improve

Oct 18, 2006
7 points in 5 games, certainly didn't see this coming. Hope he can keep it up.

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
Here is hope that he makes his way into WJC team, very exciting player to watch.

Would be cool (as long as he keeps up the good work) but he didn't attend any of the hockey summer camps and he has never played for the national team at the U-18 and U-20 level, so it's unlikely he'll make the squad.

Michael Gary Scott

Toronto Maple Tron's
Apr 27, 2010
The wings drafted Callahan (1 fight off the rookie fight record for th WHL) and Nedomlel who got kicked out of his league in the czech republic for being too violent and was forced to play in the WHL after (200 something pims in 40 games) in 2 of the last 3 drafts.

Yeah the wings draft tough guys.

As for Nedomlel, apparently he is wreckless out there with ahuge mean streak and fights heavyweights in the WHL already. Up until last year he had never even been in a fight.

If his puck skills improve steadily he could be a solid #6 defenseman Matt Carkner type potentially

It was a joke.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
Would be cool (as long as he keeps up the good work) but he didn't attend any of the hockey summer camps and he has never played for the national team at the U-18 and U-20 level, so it's unlikely he'll make the squad.

I don't believe that's a big deal if he continues to play at this pace. We'll see.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
He's absolutely not an offensive defenseman.

He did get better as the season went along last year, as he got more comfortable in North America etc etc...even despite his team fading bigtime down the stretch.

I think that extra year of experience is a big reason why he's putting up points early on this year. But like I said, don't expect it to continue.

He makes an ok first pass, but he lacks in other areas required for an offensive defenceman like skating, offensive hockey sense and shooting.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
He's absolutely not an offensive defenseman.

He did get better as the season went along last year, as he got more comfortable in North America etc etc...even despite his team fading bigtime down the stretch.

I think that extra year of experience is a big reason why he's putting up points early on this year. But like I said, don't expect it to continue.

He makes an ok first pass, but he lacks in other areas required for an offensive defenceman like skating, offensive hockey sense and shooting.
I'm just impressed that he's showing more than previously thought. Not having to chip the puck off the glass and out of the zone every time is a nice talent for a player like him.

I was worried that he wouldn't even have the basic offensive ability to be a bottom pairing guy in the NHL. This is a welcome development.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
From the games against Brandon I have seen he has a good hard accurate shot from the point on the PP.

5 on 5 he has almost no offense and plays a solid hard defense first game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad