Player Discussion Rich Peverley - Retired

Status
Not open for further replies.

aloonda*

in an alternate reality sci fi world where peverly is available

where would we be with him around every singe game?

on the real, how can he and hopefully will he impact the stars future?

Last edited by a moderator:

jason9090spezza

Oct 19, 2014
Japan
I think this team wouldn't have been THIS bad if there was Peverley.

Yah, I may be severely overrating him, but if he was in the line-up for the start of the season, there wouldn't have been all this line juggling and just FAIL line combination. I personally think he would have fit a much better top 6 role than guys like Cole, Eakin, Roussel, ...etc.

And he is also pretty good defensively, which would have helped this team.

And his return would have definitely been positive for the locker-room, which is pretty important.

I'm still not giving up on him. Hopefully he comes back:nod:

StarsTx

Nov 9, 2014
2 wins and a SO loss better

Good two way player that is among the teams better point getters from last season would definitely have helped in a couple games. Also one more player you can plug into the top 6 that actually wouldn't look lost would help. That's not taking into consideration any leadership skills and allowing other players to play their more natural bottom 6 role. Remember Eaves was on the top 2 lines consistently.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
In terms of sv%, 4 goals saved is worth about one win. Peverley is not worth more than a 10 goal swing so 5 points in the standings would be the absolute ceiling of his potential contribution. If I had to guess I'd go much lower, maybe a 10 goal difference over the entire season.

haf

Mar 3, 2008
Just being able to use him on the top line and solidify the line would be so helpful. plus his faceoffs, improving the line's offensive zone time would be most welcome. Or if Spezza played on the top line, then Pevs can be a legitimate 2nd line center that doesn't kill the works. He isn't amazing there, but he is a real top 6 forward.

You are essentially replacing Morin with Peverly and while i will defend Morin's game as a 4th liner all day, he is nowhere close to ze raptor.

I think Pevs would make this team substantially better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad