Celebrity Death: Ric Ocasek of the Cars

the squared circle

Aug 3, 2005
Maple Leaf Gardens
So sad to hear.
The Cars were always a great band. Let’s Go was one of my favourite songs as a kid.
The cover of Candy-O....um I think you guys can complete that thought. I remember the look my mom gave me when she saw the foldout album cover for Heartbeat City haha.
And my goodness, he gave every ugly guy hope by marrying Paulina.
Lots of great early stuff from the cars on YouTube.
RIP Ric.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Damn...RIP Ric. Listened to a tonne of Cars over the years. The video for Magic was one of my favourites when I was a kid.

Gonna listen to a bunch of Cars in your honour good sir.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
This is a shock to me. Such a distinctive sound. The grim reaper gets one step closer.

Last edited:

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
wow this one really hurts

the cars are one of my favorite bands. grew up listening to them and still do all the time. i can't believe it

him and ben must be having quite the jam session up there

Last edited:

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
God dammit

Loved the Cars, the old man used to play them in the car back in the day and I can still listen to them happily today

RIP

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Moving in Stereo is my first musical memory. I was born in 81 and that was the first song I can remember liking as my parents would play the record a lot. Obviously it had been out a few years by then, but apparently my mom would come to my crib when I was 2 or 3 and I was signing it.

RIP

Ben Matlock

Resteriged Uesr
Aug 21, 2007
The Cars don’t have a very deep catalogue, but about a dozen brilliant songs. One of the best debut albums in rock history. And let’s not forget Ric’s work as a producer.

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
Used to play Magic on the first day of summer each year, set the mood.

A great musician, sad news.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->