RG's Thread-O-Goodies part V - Survived the Apocalypse Edition

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
Please Note**

Photobucket has undergone a massive makeover including a whole new interface and limitations for linking and displaying HD images. No longer will full size originals be displayed when I post image links, but rather a downsized web version. You CAN still get the original sized image in all the HD glory for your desktop, but you have to visit the photobucket library and then click on OPTIONS of the image and DOWNLOAD to get that version. If you just click and save, you are getting a small preview version.

I don't like it one bit as a pro user (paying for the hosting) I expect this for the free users but not the paying folk. I'll roll with it a while and see how it goes. I would jump ship to a new hosting service but with over 2,100 images on there in various libraries... that's a bit much pain for unknown gain at this point.

/editorial.

Last edited:

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
clarksonfistpump1920x12.jpg

martysaves1920x1200.jpg

B&W version (my fav)
martysaves1920x1200.jpg

Last edited:

Getzo5

The Punisher
Feb 13, 2010
Presov, SVK
I don`t even know if you could find a better hosting to be honest.

And something`s still wrong, they appear resized even when you`re using their interface. The download button in options doesn`t work for me either.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
Try it again using the library link. I thought the direct link would take you there but it doesn't it just gives you the same downsized image as the preview. :rant:

They really have screwed things up. I can't even search on my own library now for a specific image title.

Getzo5

The Punisher
Feb 13, 2010
Presov, SVK
No luck. I can get inside but the download button still won`t load. ROFL

Every other function works so I have no idea what`s wrong. Somebody else having the same problem?

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
Well that figures. It works for me, but then I'm logged into my own library so who knows. Just stand by - they said the transition would be completed by the end of the month and more features would be going live day by day.

Monkey... meet football.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Well that figures. It works for me, but then I'm logged into my own library so who knows. Just stand by - they said the transition would be completed by the end of the month and more features would be going live day by day.

Monkey... meet football.

Yeah same here, nothing shows up within the options button. If I go to my library I can download the hi res images.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
Someone try one of the older images and see if it works. They mentioned something about old images and original sizes. I wonder if they are going to cut off all hi-res downloads for non-paying users. That would suck and would also make the decision for me to switch hosts.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
hellsangels6_1600_1200.jpg

This is the last one in the wallpaper library, 1600x1200 so I guess the old ones aren't resized :dunno:. No download option available.

Getzo5

The Punisher
Feb 13, 2010
Presov, SVK
Oh for ****s sakes it still won`t load the DL button, not even when I`m logged in.

Just upload it somewhere else, this truly pisses me off.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->