Speculation: RFA stars! Want the big contract Now!

Jack Bauer

May 30, 2007
Cape Breton
Whatever dude. Your humourless (and intolerant of thought diversity) ideology is the one that currently prevails, so you win.
I'm just an old man too and glad I got to live in a times before the political correctness police ruled.

Trying to label those demanding equality as intolerant. Classic.

I'm glad I didn't live in an era of racism and small minds.

Jack Bauer

May 30, 2007
Cape Breton
Didn't take but ten minutes to be called a racist because I disagree with a viewpoint.
Enough. I conceded defeat. Talk hockey.

Comments like this are what make people label YOU as racist:
choosing instead to rage on about his taking the piss on ethnicities

It's not acceptable to NOT rage about taking a piss on any ethnicity. That you even somewhat try to defend is as normal clearly proves your tolerance towards other ethnicities and races.

You should steer this back to hockey because you're clearly losing and your stomach has both of your feet in it right now.

Thissiteisgarbage

Oct 14, 2014
Comments like this are what make people label YOU as racist:

It's not acceptable to NOT rage about taking a piss on any ethnicity. That you even somewhat try to defend is as normal clearly proves your tolerance towards other ethnicities and races.

You should steer this back to hockey because you're clearly losing and your stomach has both of your feet in it right now.
Mods? Being bullied by this poster. Please address.

Jack Bauer

May 30, 2007
Cape Breton
Here's the thing most everyone knows it is wrong. Maybe in beginning he had a following of people who thought like he did. But times have changed. Now it is his stick. and people love watching the stick. you and I are not gonna change the old timers. but people like my wife (a deep democrat) hate what he says but still watch him because like his suits and his antics. She does not even watch the Leafs but she watches coaches corner with a glass or two of wine. and the kids get a kick out of it too. most of time they are laughing at him but here's the thing people are watching, unless at the game. Why do people stop and watch accidents on the road? It is what it is.

Not everyone knows its wrong.

People defend the xenophobix/racism/pissing on ethnicities as if he's entitled to that opinion.

You're not entitled to those opinions.

Jack Bauer

May 30, 2007
Cape Breton
Being bullied. Derogatory comments. Ageism.

You actually chose those words yourself.

Now crying about being bullied.

You should have walked away after your first comment. You doubled down on the crapping on others from different ethnic backgrounds. Now you're eating your own words.

Jack Bauer

May 30, 2007
Cape Breton
Blocking the Xenophobic old man and have reported his "choosing instead to rage on about his taking the piss on ethnicities" post as absolutely disgusting.

Moving on.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Not everyone knows its wrong.

People defend the xenophobix/racism/pissing on ethnicities as if he's entitled to that opinion.

You're not entitled to those opinions.
I have not watched him in many years. When enough people stop watching him whatever reason then TV execs will pull his plug. But as long as people keep tuning in to him he will survive. It is pretty simple really. Rogers is losing tons of $$$ on its contract and cleansed high price people but not him and Ron. Because there are lots of people who tune into coaches corner or its licensing some of whom do not even watch the games.

Jack Bauer

May 30, 2007
Cape Breton
I have not watched him in many years. When enough people stop watching him whatever reason then TV execs will pull his plug. But as long as people keep tuning in to him he will survive. It is pretty simple really. Rogers is losing tons of $$$ on its contract and cleansed high price people but not him and Ron. Because there are lots of people who tune into coaches corner or its licensing some of whom do not even watch the games.

Agreed. Like most I've stopped paying attention to him long ago. I'd go as far to say that I avoid all Rogers broadcasts when I have any other option.

Stamkos4life

Oct 25, 2018
Blocking the Xenophobic old man and have reported his "choosing instead to rage on about his taking the piss on ethnicities" post as absolutely disgusting.

Moving on.

My goodness. So much salt and not a clue to be had.

Don cherry is one of the top 10 greatest canadians off all time. Has supported our troops and our players to no end.

What have you done?

Get out of here with that garbage.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
MLB is proof that by limiting business and removing revenue from the upper tier to prop up the money losers then you're hurting your overall value.

There is a business side that is also right in arguing for the lost business and revenue in the big markets more then offsetting any gain in a small market. But since we never see that we act like only the gain in the small market matters.

Toronto adding 5% to its bottom line due to success offsets any gain in Phoenix in 20+ years now. And can anyone argue that Toronto's brand was hurt by the cap and being unable to spend its revenues on player salaries?

We're stifling the earnings and value of all our top markets in order to keep 6 or so mediocre American markets. All while multiple sustainable Canadian markets have empty buildings. Any big market or Canadian market fan has a right to be anti-Salary Cap.

Or anyone who tries to follow the sport now where 99% of the talk during games is about the business. Mitch Marner scores 4 points and it's not 'what a great player' it's 'how do you sign him?'?

No wonder kids are showing very little interest in the sport and our main broadcast partner is using an 85yr old bigot to appeal to the boomers because the millennials are showing less and less interest in the sport. Now that we finally have an exciting product again the business aspect has completely got in the way of enjoying the product.

Long post (which I typically don't read), but the league is healthy and the CBA has definitely helped that. More teams are operating in the black now and league wide revenue has grown. The BoG which works on democratic tenets voted for the current system (CBA) = majority rules.

Pittsburgh, L.A., Washington & Chicago are large market cities that have adapted and won under the CBA. We still have huge advantages over smaller market/money teams like being able to buy out players, being able to afford LTIR contracts, unlimited budget for coaches, GMs and scouts, front loading contracts, etc.

Why can't we succeed under the same system that applies to all teams, plus along with the advantages (noted above) that we do have of course? We should just focus on winning and stop our whining & blaming others for our own problems.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Long post (which I typically don't read), but the league is healthy and the CBA has definitely helped that. More teams are operating in the black now and league wide revenue has grown. The BoG which works on democratic tenets voted for the current system (CBA) = majority rules.

Pittsburgh, L.A., Washington & Chicago are large market cities that have adapted and won under the CBA. We still have huge advantages over smaller market/money teams like being able to buy out players, being able to afford LTIR contracts, unlimited budget for coaches, GMs and scouts, front loading contracts, etc.

Why can't we succeed under the same system that applies to all teams? We should just focus on winning and stop our whining & blaming others for our own problems.
:laugh: Thought I was the only one.

Jack Bauer

May 30, 2007
Cape Breton

Why can't we succeed under the same system that applies to all teams, plus along with the advantages (noted above) that we do have of course? We should just focus on winning and stop our whining & blaming others for our own problems.

It's not necessarily just about us.

The CBA negatively effects most big markets. The ones you named off all followed the same plan we're following now.

The point is that there is very little flexibility to build in any other way. And once you hit rock bottom it can take years to get out of it because of how restrictive the hard cap system is as we seen here and Edmonton and many others have also experienced.

For every LA and Chicago are a Miami, Toronto, Edmonton who didn't hit on high 1st rounders until recently and now we're seeing a bit of a momentum swing.

But 10 years of 3-4 teams winning and 26-28 teams not while half of those are in long term rebuilds presents a stale product to fans.

The game isn't growing partly due to the salary cap. Younger people are not watching the sport near as much and having nothing to cheer for is a huge part of it. Canadian fans especially where people would choose to rally behind one of our 7 teams have seen more rebuilds then playoff wins.

In 20 years when we're not even placing in major tournaments trying to reverse the momentum already 5-10 years in and growing will be impossible.

Whether it's soft cap, bird rights, luxury tax, some other CBA mechanism to lessen the overall talk around the cap and the CBA during the season or a huge investment in grass roots our country is in danger of losing its hockey dominance without a great deal of innovation and evolution over the next 10 years in my opinion.

Jack Bauer

May 30, 2007
Cape Breton
:laugh: Thought I was the only one.

6 small lines/paragraphs isn't even a long post on this forum. Some times trying to structure thoughts makes it seem larger then the content would be with less breaks in the post.

I find it easier to type/converse as well as respond to those kinds of posts. The 1 big run on paragraphs trying to say 5 things drive me nuts. :)

Reactions: OddyOh and ACC1224

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad