RFA demanding 16mil

rajiabu

Aug 27, 2012
So I started the 32nd team, went with the Hartford Whalers
In my first season and sitting in a playoff spot with a 27-17-3 record

Jesse Puljujarvi whom I’d like to keep but is on expiring deal and willing to extend but wants 16mil for a 1 year deal. Most I can offer him is 11mil
He’s coming off his entry level contract
He has only played a 2nd line role
He leads my team in goals
46 GP, 21G, 12A

16mil seems insane for him right, no player makes that.
There’s 6 week until the trade deadline. Do I trade him or hold onto him in the hope that his contract demands change in the offseason?
His trade value isn’t even very good, perhaps the value of a 2nd rd pick. He also has no interest when using the find trade feature.

GRob83

Feb 3, 2010
So I started the 32nd team, went with the Hartford Whalers
In my first season and sitting in a playoff spot with a 27-17-3 record

Jesse Puljujarvi whom I’d like to keep but is on expiring deal and willing to extend but wants 16mil for a 1 year deal. Most I can offer him is 11mil
He’s coming off his entry level contract
He has only played a 2nd line role
He leads my team in goals
46 GP, 21G, 12A

16mil seems insane for him right, no player makes that.
There’s 6 week until the trade deadline. Do I trade him or hold onto him in the hope that his contract demands change in the offseason?
His trade value isn’t even very good, perhaps the value of a 2nd rd pick. He also has no interest when using the find trade feature.

I've never seen 16 million as a desired salary for any player. I signed Tarasenko and Matthews in back to back years for 12 million.

Conor Edwards

Oct 22, 2018
Detroit, MI
Qualify his RFA, see what he gets in Free Agency. If it's 16Mil, take those picks and run, if it's closer to what you can match, match it.

Filip Zadina once asked for 15.4M for 3 years, but to be fair, I had matched him with Larkin and Ovechkin, and had 127P (36G, 91A).

Reactions: Chompchompr

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Qualify him and do nothing until after Aug 15.

Between Aug 16 - Sep 1, RFAs will accept stupidly low offers.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
What the hell? this NHL20? I'v never seen that high of asks even on my Franchise Drafted Players after their ELC + next contract. Iv seen 12M for 8year. it's easy to cheap it out. set it on easy save it, make low ball offer sim it and figure out exactly how low they will go.
I drafted a kid who was Elite overall 82 or something I signed 8x 2.5M and by year 2 or 3 he was in the 90's

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Players asks change all throughout the season. That's why it's a good idea to keep looking at their contract demands all throughout the year.

He is an RFA, so there is no reason to trade him. Qualify him in the off season. His demands will go down. No team will offer sheet him if his trade value is low and the compensation is high..but if a team does offer sheet him for 16M, you'd get four first round picks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->