HF Habs: RFA: Armia (Signed) ; Hudon (Signed) ; Lehkonen (Signed) ; McCarron (Unsigned)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
We don't know yet how "healthy" is his eye. + Folin did a very solid job on the bottom pairing.

We do know. He was listed as 100% by our doctors. That stupid Montreal media report where they said his career is in jeopardy is the problem.

I think Juulsen is on our roster to start the year.

phillytennis

Mar 4, 2012
Remember when people were bragging up the Lernout pick, because he had a short stint here? Good times. More Timmins picks in the dumpster.

Don't kid yourself....all GMs have plenty of picks that end up in the dumpster... actually, considering where we pick... Timmins is doing a good job.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Don't kid yourself....all GMs have plenty of picks that end up in the dumpster... actually, considering where we pick... Timmins is doing a good job.

And there it is, the usual excuse for our beloved scout from back in the day. Its ok if he is batting .200, because other guys are too.

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
I really don't get the Q.O to Hudon. Why bother? Just release him & let him go. Don't need the contract. Don't have the room. And he needs a fresh start.
I think they're trying their luck to see if Hudon changed his mind about going to the AHL. In the end of season presser, he got asked about Laval and he says that he's an NHL player! So, he's not willing to go down there anymore.

Jul 6, 2016
I think they're trying their luck to see if Hudon changed his mind about going to the AHL. In the end of season presser, he got asked about Laval and he says that he's an NHL player! So, he's not willing to go down there anymore.

He is a NHL player like Andrighetto is (was)... and about 200 players other fringe NHL players around.

Reactions: Tyson

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
It’s been years. Could care less about Hudon. He can’t skate and is undersized. Time to move on. We gave him more then enough time.
He isn't willing to go back to the AHL, in Laval this time, to get his confidence back. Sure, from what the organisation says, there is a lot of depth... so he may get lost in the shuffle.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Bergevin today was asked about Lehkonen and Armia, seeing as they're RFA's. MB said they are negotiating with them. They have arbitration rights and they're hoping it won't get there. He said that they will be with the Montreal Canadiens next year.

No one asked him about Mike Reilly because he's the only RFA we haven't heard about.

Reactions: jaffy27

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
That's a good question...I can't answer that.

But extending a qualifying offer, does not automatically mean the player will accept it.

Hudon can say "thanks but no thanks"...

This could purely be a move for optics, which considering the player and the organization, I wouldn't be shocked if that was the case.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
We need to make Reilly a QO regardless of what you thing, he is still a NHL level D and we saw some glimpses of what he can do when playing with confidence, early last year he was great... MB can’t let him walk he need some return even if it is only a late pick.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
We need to make Reilly a QO regardless of what you thing, he is still a NHL level D and we saw some glimpses of what he can do when playing with confidence, early last year he was great... MB can’t let him walk he need some return even if it is only a late pick.
Reilly finally becoming the player he could be WOULD make things easier for everybody involved.

Jul 6, 2016
That ain’t happening. Reilly is a fringe player and it showed last season. He should not be part of the 23 man roster

The guy thinks he is 1st pairing material, while he is basically a bottom pairing d-man. When he understands that, his career will take off.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Not sure what the point is to qualify McCarron...mostly a lost cause at this point I would think.

Jul 6, 2016
Not sure what the point is to qualify McCarron...mostly a lost cause at this point I would think.

By next November he will be waived like DLR and Scherbak were last season. Another high pick wasted for nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->