HF Habs: RFA: Armia (Signed) ; Hudon (Signed) ; Lehkonen (Signed) ; McCarron (Unsigned)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018

Nothing of value lost in Lernout. So add Audette and Shinkaruk to the list. These guys didn't do much last year to stay around. Audette did show progress though. I don't know why the Habs traded Rychel for the bust Shinkaruk and still don't understand. Having Rychel in Laval would have really helped.

Interesting to see what they do with McCarron, Reilly and Hudon, they will be qualifying them all. We already know Hudon is likely traded after refusing his QO. You don't necessarily want to keep a player around that wants out. All these guys have low value anyways, so don't expect anything of substance in return.

There's also Alzner, Peca and Weise which take up around 8 mil in cap space. Awful contracts that I am sure MB is desperately trying to move but won't find any takers. Most of this mess is his wrongdoing when he gambled 2 years ago. Its expected because so many teams are cap restricted and have so many RFAs to sign.

I do expect another Armia type deal which may unload these contracts to another team with another terrible contract in return but possibly a good asset as well.

On the UFA side, I expect a quiet day. MB probably gets a backup goalie and signs fringe NHLers for Laval. Maybe they manage to nab some LD like Chariot and possibly add another winger like Nyquist. The top 4 LD comes through trade but is MB willing to pay for it?

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Nothing of value lost in Lernout. So add Audette and Shinkaruk to the list. These guys didn't do much last year to stay around. Audette did show progress though. I don't know why the Habs traded Rychel for the bust Shinkaruk and still don't understand. Having Rychel in Laval would have really helped.

Interesting to see what they do with McCarron, Reilly and Hudon, they will be qualifying them all. We already know Hudon is likely traded after refusing his QO. You don't necessarily want to keep a player around that wants out. All these guys have low value anyways, so don't expect anything of substance in return.

There's also Alzner, Peca and Weise which take up around 8 mil in cap space. Awful contracts that I am sure MB is desperately trying to move but won't find any takers. Most of this mess is his wrongdoing when he gambled 2 years ago. Its expected because so many teams are cap restricted and have so many RFAs to sign.

I do expect another Armia type deal which may unload these contracts to another team with another terrible contract in return but possibly a good asset as well.

On the UFA side, I expect a quiet day. MB probably gets a backup goalie and signs fringe NHLers for Laval. Maybe they manage to nab some LD like Chariot and possibly add another winger like Nyquist. The top 4 LD comes through trade but is MB willing to pay for it?

I would like to see the Habs trade for Fowler then sign Perry (Anaheim intends to buy him out, perhaps Habs can get their 39th OV 2019 for signing him) that would be a good return, I think Perry used in limited icetime could be a catalyst for the Habs come the playoffs. Hudon should have accepted the two way deal then worked his way into the lineup, he could miss winning the Habs 25th SCC IMHO!!!...:vhappy::vhappy::vhappy:

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
A lot of misinterpretation in the thread responses - a QO just means the Habs retain Hudon's rights. It's just a bureaucratic thing. The Habs have to make decisions on all their RFAs by June 25th.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

Players refuse QO all the time. This is not a sign of him wanting out.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Players refuse QO all the time. This is not a sign of him wanting out.
It's all the same thing when the player that refuses actually has a roster spot. Hudon doesn't and so Hudon may very well head to a European league where he'd perform better anyway.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Armia, Lehkonen, McCarron and Reilly also need to receive qualifying offers from the Habs or else they will be UFAs July 1st.

- Armia and Lehkonen will make 42 contracts.
- McCarron is needed on our Laval roster IMO. He makes 43.
- Bergevin loves depth so Reilly might get a contract. Unless he has other depth plans. Not sure if Reilly gets a contract or not. They didn't like his play in his own end last season. Where does he fit with Folin in the mix?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
It's all the same thing when the player that refuses actually has a roster spot. Hudon doesn't and so Hudon may very well head to a European league where he'd perform better anyway.

He said he will know his future on Sunday? You are probably right about Europe.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
I imagine Hudon will be traded for a player in a similar spot on another team. Maybe a defenseman who isn't quite good enough for his team, but would probably get claimed on waivers. We've seen similar things happen before

Reactions: Stive Morgan

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Page 7... I am late to the party but is Rocket so good now that they don't need guys like Lernout? I remember last year many were calling for him to have a permanent spot with the big club. Is Alzner playing for 4 dmen in AHL so Rocket just can't carry 6 defensmen?

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Page 7... I am late to the party but is Rocket so good now that they don't need guys like Lernout? I remember last year many were calling for him to have a permanent spot with the big club. Is Alzner playing for 4 dmen in AHL so Rocket just can't carry 6 defensmen?

And I use the word "big" figuratively, of course.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Lajoie saying Hudon will be traded soon.

A dozen sticks and 3 pairs of dressing room rubber flip flops, incoming.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Ouellet -Fleury
Leskinen - Brook
Olofsson - Lamarche
Alzner - Sklenicka

That is with no additional signing.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Remember when people were bragging up the Lernout pick, because he had a short stint here? Good times. More Timmins picks in the dumpster.

Reactions: scrubadam

Beige Van

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
Remember when people were bragging up the Lernout pick, because he had a short stint here? Good times. More Timmins picks in the dumpster.

They even traded up in the draft to select him. And Point taken 6 picks later. Woof!

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
They have Lamarche.. And Juulsen can also start down there.

If Juulsen was good enough to crack our line-up this year and be our best D man after Petry to start the year with out Weber, I don't see him starting out in the AHL. Who's going to beat him out for the last RD spot?

Jul 6, 2016
If Juulsen was good enough to crack our line-up this year and be our best D man after Petry to start the year with out Weber, I don't see him starting out in the AHL. Who's going to beat him out for the last RD spot?

We don't know yet how "healthy" is his eye. + Folin did a very solid job on the bottom pairing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->