HF Habs: RFA: Armia (Signed) ; Hudon (Signed) ; Lehkonen (Signed) ; McCarron (Unsigned)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Down with the nepotist draftee, Audette.

Audette Senior: I'll go in another room and you guys decide if you want to pick my son or not.

That worked really well.

"I'll go in another room and you guys decide if you want to pick my son or not."

upload_2019-6-18_19-37-8.jpeg

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
Pretty sure a former 5th rounder with average AHL numbers fetches a 5th rd pick today. Future considerations my guess.
Hudon gets you nothing, futures sounds about right. They should have just let him walk unless they plan to package him in a multi player trade which would explain the QO.

Booba

Jun 20, 2005
What "asset"?

There will be a bunch of borderline NHLers available "for free" in about two weeks. No NHL teams will give up anything of value for Hudon.

However, I don't blame him for turning down his QO. The AHL salary might have been low and he's likely looking for more guaranteed money either on a one-way or a two-way deal.

I wouldn't be surprised if Hudon ends up signing in Europe if he doesn't get what he wants.

Last edited:

HABitual Fan

May 22, 2007
What "asset"?

There will be a bunch of borderline NHLers available "for free" in about two weeks. No NHL teams will give up anything of value for Hudon.

However, I don't blame him for turning down his QO. The AHL salary might have been low and he's likely looking for more guaranteed money either on a one-way or a two-way deal.

I wouldn't be surprised if Hudon ends up signing in Europe if he doesn't get want he wants.
Best case scenario for us is if he goes to Europe, and ups his value. Qualifying offer means we retain his NHL rights till he reaches UFA age.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Yeah I don't think we have any plans to have him with us next year. Likely Europe bound if he won't accept a two-way deal but he could be a damn good KHL/NLA player and probably makes a lot more money out of that. Or he plays his way on to the Habs roster out of camp like in the last two years but sadly I think both are set to parting ways at this point.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Seeing as how we got a bunch of news on some RFAs today, I turned the Charles Hudon QO thread into one about the RFA's that we got news on today.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
MAG on 98.5FM tonight on Mario Langue-sale’s show, said the Habs want to hold on to Reilly. He mentioned how the latter is not happy about how he’s being used, thinks he should be a regular.

While MAG’s info on Reilly was a confirmation via a source, he posited that the Habs will want to keep BigMac on account of the progress made last year and positive feedback from Bouchard.

Nothing earth shattering in all of this.

Finally, MAG added that Benn was seeking a long term deal and that the Habs are not prepared to give him much beyond 2 years. Kulak’s emergence and affordability made Benn expendable. Also, MAG claims the Habs do not want to hand out deals to bottom players that are too long, given that there will be raises to pay up for several players 2 summers from now.

Koivu11

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Finally, MAG added that Benn was seeking a long term deal and that the Habs are not prepared to give him much beyond 2 years. Kulak’s emergence and affordability made Benn expendable. Also, MAG claims the Habs do not want to hand out deals to bottom players that are too long, given that there will be raises to pay up for several players 2 summers from now.
Yeah Benn can go if he wants a long term deal. He’s easily replaceable.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
MAG on 98.5FM tonight on Mario Langue-sale’s show, said the Habs want to hold on to Reilly. He mentioned how the latter is not happy about how he’s being used, thinks he should be a regular.

While MAG’s info on Reilly was a confirmation via a source, he posited that the Habs will want to keep BigMac on account of the progress made last year and positive feedback from Bouchard.

Nothing earth shattering in all of this.

Even for 2 years, I'd let Benn walk. I think he had a decent year, but I'd rather leave the room for Folin, Juulsen, Kulak, Mete, and maybe Reilly (if he returns). And of course, any other possible acquisition on defense.

I'm fine if they qualify Reilly. He's a liability defensively, but we can't deny he's an excellent skater and could help offensively or relaunching the attack. It's a shame he can't read the play defensively all that well. If he was a little better in that spot, I'd peg him as the best option next to Weber from within.

As for McCarron, I said it, and most who follow Laval would agree, he earned himself at least another year. He took a big step forward this year. His mobility had improved, his strength did, too. He was a lot more involved in the game and was a lot more durable. He wouldn't return to the bench after 30 seconds out of breath. He is a real good example on what Joel Bouchard can accomplish in Laval.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Yeah Benn can go if he wants a long term deal. He’s easily replaceable.

For me, he can go even if he's to sign for two years. I think they've got enough bodies on defense: Weber, Petry, Mete, Kulak, Folin, Juulsen, and possibly Reilly if he is extended. Maybe they get another D via trade or free agency. Also not to forget, although most likely will be buried in Laval, there is still Alzner.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Why not Audette? So much talent. He also seemed to be improving.

He had his ups and downs this season. He probably had his best year since joining the pros. However, he didn't do enough to convince them to qualify him. He had a tendency to take stupid penalties, especially in the offensive zone, that would kill Laval's momentum. Bouchard was often frustrated with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->