HF Habs: RFA: Armia (Signed) ; Hudon (Signed) ; Lehkonen (Signed) ; McCarron (Unsigned)

Status
Not open for further replies.

superstar436

Mar 4, 2004
Byron has more value than you think and he is not overpaid. It's just right IMO.

I am shocked at how many ppl in here undervalue Byron. 20 goal scorere with no PP at 3.5 M. Many teams would love to get him and put him on the first line with a dominant center and he will get you that 30 goals for sure

I actually see the habs brass putting him instead of shaw. That is the perfect place for him

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
I am shocked at how many ppl in here undervalue Byron. 20 goal scorere with no PP at 3.5 M. Many teams would love to get him and put him on the first line with a dominant center and he will get you that 30 goals for sure

I actually see the habs brass putting him instead of shaw. That is the perfect place for him
Byron is ok in a limited role... penalty kill and limited 5 on 5. Is that worth 3.5M? I don't know... not my money so sincerely don't care. To me he is one of the myriad of expandable players that make up the Habs roster.

Reactions: LaP

Jul 6, 2016
Byron is ok in a limited role... penalty kill and limited 5 on 5. Is that worth 3.5M? I don't know... not my money so sincerely don't care. To me he is one of the myriad of expandable players that make up the Habs roster.

Besides 5 or 6 key players, every team in the NHL have that type of "expandable" players as you call them. You need 20 players per game. Byron is a good fit on this Habs team and a valuable contributor.

Last edited:

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar

People love to hate. But PB doesn't warrant any. Good team player,never quits,plays big for his size. Plays in all situations,what's not to like? got the going rate,no over payment.

Julien LG

Dec 16, 2018
We should hold on to Lekhonen, for the long run imo.

He's always leave you with the feeling he's doing it all good minus the points. A bit like Foligno in his early days with Ottawa.

Then eventually either the points come and you are happy you didnt move him for scrap. Or it never come, but you still have the low cost do it all player on your third line.

I'm fine with Lekhonen on my team, i would have given him more years right now in fait, Seattle notwithstanding.

JoelWarlord

Ex-Noob616
May 7, 2012
Halifax
His 5v5 scoring is far better than ok. Over the last 3 seasons he has 51 goals at even strength, good for 67th in the league. That's absolutely worth 3.5M when he's also a good play driver and defensive forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->