Confirmed with Link: RFA A.J Greer signed 1year 2way $700k

bstash19

Apr 8, 2012
long island
Signed to a 1 year/700k contract. 2015 2nd rounder, 39OA. 37 nhl games, 1g-5a-6pts

ahl: 199gp 58g-69a-127pts

anyone seen him play?

edit: I see that he was what the avs Sent to us for Kyle borroughs. It’s been such a busy offseason I already forgot. :sarcasm:

Last edited:
Reactions: periferal

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Looks like he's our new project now that JHS is a complete washout. This guy actually puts up points in the AHL. I wonder if JHS' parents feel guilty for raising their kid to be so headstrong he completely sabotaged himself? Was there any point in his rearing they thought it might be good to teach him some humility?

DarkHorse2

Feb 27, 2002
This was from Pronman's organiztion rankings two years ago (his last eligible year)

Tier: Legit/chance bubble
Greer was very good in the AHL last season, but so-so once called up to the Avs. He’s got enough offensive skill at his size to be intriguing. He can make some soft skill plays and has the physicality to be useful off the puck. Greer showed in the AHL that he can be an all-situations type, but with his average speed and lack of standout attributes I don’t know what his role would be in the NHL. He was arrested during the offseason on allegations of assault.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
As an Avs fan, I think Greer will fit in the NYI system a lot better than the Avs.

I didn't think he looked too out of place in the NHL and still think he has bottom 6 potential - the main issue was he took a lot of penalties for the TOI he was given. He definitely took some bad penalties, but he also had some questionable calls on him as well. If he reaches his potential, he's an ideal bottom 6er.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad