OT: Rev's All-Purpose Music Appreciation Thread

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
"Popular music" is not a description that has ever fit the Butthole Surfers. :laugh:

Well, maybe not popular with your friends, but I hung with the cool kids. :sarcasm:

And we were violent and funky!

A penny saved is a penny earned,
but a stolen case of beer gets you a hell of a lot drunker!

Violent and...funky!

Last edited:

Taelin

Resident Hipster
Jan 17, 2012
Vancouver
I did a group buy with 14 of my friends. Gonna be good stuff.

I was going to do that, but couldn't get enough people. Where are you sitting? I'm sitting centre, row 22! (seats were so expensive)

Don't know much of the cast apart from Natalie Weiss (swing).

medhatcanuck

Jul 8, 2010
Inside JayZ's Belly
Favourite Genre: Hip-Hop, House, and standard rock/guitar and voice type music.

Favourite Band(s) or Artist(s): Mumford and Sons, Sigur Ros, Explosions in the Sky, The Album Leaf, Alt J, The Flatliners, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Bjork, Against Me!, Living with Lions, Bob Dylan, Eric Clapton, Neil Young, Our Lady Peace, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Iron Maiden, Arch Enemy, Killswitch Engage, City and Color, Jack Johnson, Beatles, Dave Matthews Band, BB King, Bob Marley, Louis Armstrong, Etta James, Feist, Coldplay, LCD Soundsystem, Zac Brown Band, Johnny Cash, AZ, Big L, Biggie Smalls, 2Pac, Nas, Techn9ne, Mobb Deep, RA Rugged, Jedi Mind Tricks, Aesop Rock, Rakim, Kendrick Lamar, Big Pun, Gangstarr, The Roots, A Tribe Called Quest, Tiesto, Mat Zo, Deadmau5, Dimitri Vegas, Calvin Harris, Plastic Plates, Hood Internet, Morgan Page, Flux Pavilion, A Skillz, Coheed and Cambria Swedish house Mafia, Hans Zimmer, and Thomas Newman.

Favourite Songs: Coheed and Cambria- Mother Superior, Neil Young- Old Man, Tiesto- Driving to Heaven, Red Hot Chili Peppers- Don't Forget Me, RA and Vinnie Paz- Vietnam War Story, Bob Dylan- Masters of War, 2Pac- Brendas Got a Baby, Thomas Newman- Road to Peridition, Nas- One Mic, and Stairway to Heaven of course. All time favorite: Dave Matthews Band #41 or Biggie- Juicy

Best Album(s) ever made: Alt J- Awesome Wave, Sigur Ros- Untitled, Sigur Ros- Takk, Nas - Illmatic

Least Favourite Genre: Opera, Various Country, Lil Wayne/Kanye West/Wiz Khalifa/Drake/Childish gambino style rap, Nickelback/theory of a deadman type rock.

Least Appreciated Band or Artist(s): Nickelback, I absolutely loathe them. I get physical sickness listening to them.

Most Over-appreciated song: I find Van Halen and Motley Crue to be over-appreciated.

Favourite Song from your birth year: No idea 1989 was a while ago.

Instruments you play: Guitar, Piano, Percussion .

Whats playing in my mind lately (added):
vincent james mcmorrow- we don't eat
new radicals- you got the music in you
c2c- mack the knife louis armstrong tribute
bob dylan- girl from the north country
lana del rey- summertime sickness cedric remix
city and colour- of space and time
Sigur Ros- Varuo
and the entire Alt J Awesome Wave album

Solidius

#TankLivesMatter
Jul 7, 2006
Vancouver, B.C.
I was going to do that, but couldn't get enough people. Where are you sitting? I'm sitting centre, row 22! (seats were so expensive)

Don't know much of the cast apart from Natalie Weiss (swing).

Centre from rows 13-15. I don't know any of the cast. It'll be my first time seeing Les Mis in theatre.

Taelin

Resident Hipster
Jan 17, 2012
Vancouver
I can sing and guitar.

I can write the lyrics if someone wrote the music (I spend too much time trying to make the music perfect to songwrite :cry: ).

Centre from rows 13-15. I don't know any of the cast. It'll be my first time seeing Les Mis in theatre.

Wow, pretty awesome spots! How much cheaper are the group seats?

It'll be my first time seeing Les Mise in theatre too. I hope to see it in London if I ever go there though.

Solidius

#TankLivesMatter
Jul 7, 2006
Vancouver, B.C.
I can write the lyrics if someone wrote the music (I spend too much time trying to make the music perfect to songwrite :cry: ).

Wow, pretty awesome spots! How much cheaper are the group seats?

It'll be my first time seeing Les Mise in theatre too. I hope to see it in London if I ever go there though.

I think it's like $10-15 cheaper.

gsharpe

Jan 12, 2010
I can play drums. Hell I even have a jam space on Sunday evenings.

And how exactly can bass not be compatible? Its gotta be the most compatible instrument there is.

gsharpe

Jan 12, 2010
Too contribute to the thread Im into Psych rock. Favorite bands and songs change daily but at this moment it is Portugal, the man and Electric Guest.

Yah, I like electric psych pop. Deal with it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad