Proposal: Revisited: Buffalo + Ottawa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Sabres < White, Duclair, Brown, Tierney

Sens < #7, Mittelstadt, Okposo

Buffalo get some needed depth at center with White and Tierney, and a pair of win-now wingers just entering their prime while also dumping Okposo's contract

Ottawa land another top 10 pick, and get a reclamation project with some upside in Mittelstadt

Last edited:

since92

May 9, 2011
No from Ottawa. Again, terrible. You’re proposal skills show how little you know about value. Doesn’t fill any need.

Okposo has $20M left over 4 years. Melnyk isn’t in the market for buying yet another 1st when we already have 3.

Mittlestadt doesn’t move the needle either. Ottawa is fine with what they’re building. Why does Ottawa need to move key pieces like White, Brown and Duclair.

This isn’t NHL20

Edit: isn’t this basically the same proposal to the Ott-Buf-Cal one you’ve already posted? Can you not just edit that piece of crap instead of spamming the same garbage over and over?

Last edited:

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
okposo as a dump will need mittelstadt with him to dump him so 4 good players for one pick?

honestly just f*** off. this is complete trash.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
No from Ottawa. Again, terrible. You’re proposal skills show how little you know about value. Doesn’t fill any need.

Okposo has $20M left over 4 years. Melnyk isn’t in the market for buying yet another 1st when we already have 3.

Mittlestadt doesn’t move the needle either. Ottawa is fine with what they’re building. Why does Ottawa need to move key pieces like White, Brown, Duclair, and Tierney

This isn’t NHL20

Edit: isn’t this basically the same proposal to the Ott-Buf-Cal one you’ve already posted? Can you not just edit that piece of crap instead of spamming the same garbage over and over?

I may know little about value, but I do know the difference between "your" and "you're", so I'm one up on you there

Secondly, Okposo has 3 years left on his deal, not 4. And although his cap hit is 6 million, his salary is only 3 million per year on average over the duration of the contract

Thirdly, in my opinion, a rebuilding team that isn't likely to be competitive in the next few seasons like Ottawa shouldn't be tying up future cap space on complimentary players like White, Duclair and Brown

Last edited:
Reactions: FatGiraffe

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Ottawa taking on salary with term ? lol. Its almost like you tried to think up what is the most unlikely thing to happen, then proposed it

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Ottawa taking on salary with term ? lol. Its almost like you tried to think up what is the most unlikely thing to happen, then proposed it

Depending on what Duclair, Brown, and Tierney sign for as free-agents this summer, Ottawa could potentially be saving 10 million or more in salary next season

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
Depending on what Duclair, Brown, and Tierney sign for as free-agents this summer, Ottawa could potentially be saving 10 million or more in salary next season

you might want to learn the difference between dumps and paying good players. Why are the sens trying to save money when they should be signing players like these?

Wingsfan 4 life

Oct 9, 2016
I may know little about value, but I do know the difference between "your" and "you're", so I'm one up on you there

Secondly, Okposo has 3 years left on his deal, not 4. And although his cap hit is 6 million, his salary is only 3 million per year on average over the duration of the contract

Thirdly, in my opinion, a rebuilding team that isn't likely to be competitive in the next few seasons like Ottawa shouldn't be tying up future cap space on complimentary players like White, Duclair and Brown

You do realize signing bonuses are apart of the players salary? Okposo's due $14M over the next 3 years. That averages out to $4.67M/yr.

Highly doubt cheapskate Melnyk dishes out that kinda cash for a player whose goal and point output has been in a steady decline for the past 5 years.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
You do realize signing bonuses are apart of the players salary? Okposo's due $14M over the next 3 years. That averages out to $4.67M/yr.

Highly doubt cheapskate Melnyk dishes out that kinda cash for a player whose goal and point output has been in a steady decline for the past 5 years.

Thanks for the heads up regarding his signing bonuses

This trade still saves the Sens 10+ million in cash next season

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
I am sure Ottawa fan is excited to delete 10m and add the 6m cap Okponoscoreo.
Bigger Ottawa need is new owner that will go out and pay Duclair,Tieney, etc.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Sens say no. They can sign tierney, brown and duclair to short term deals and go from there. They will reach the cap floor with these guys and chabot new deal kicking in.
If they want to trade those guys at next years deadline then they can.

tgo0

Aug 28, 2007
Winnipeg

Admitting you’re down one, then getting one back is a net neutral, not +1.... which by being wrong again takes you to a -1.

:sarcasm:

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Admitting you’re down one, then getting one back is a net neutral, not +1.... which by being wrong again takes you to a -1.

:sarcasm:

'so I'm one up on you there'

There being the key word that illustrates to the reader I'm referring only to our knowledge on the difference between "your" and "you're"

So congrats! If they give out an award for trying too hard to be clever, I'm sure you just earned yourself a nomination

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Sens say no. They can sign tierney, brown and duclair to short term deals and go from there. They will reach the cap floor with these guys and chabot new deal kicking in.
If they want to trade those guys at next years deadline then they can.

Why are Tierney, Brown, and Duclair interested in short term deals? They're at the age where they're expecting to sign the biggest contract of their careers

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Why are Tierney, Brown, and Duclair interested in short term deals? They're at the age where they're expecting to sign the biggest contract of their careers

Because they are restricted free agents. They could play hardball if they choose to. But they aren't players that a team will bend over for. They are nice players, not great ones.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Awful for Sens, I dont know why Mittel would be highly regarded

Mittelstadt is just a throw-in since he'll have no place in Buffalo's lineup following the trade

Remove Mittelstadt from the deal, and I still make this trade if I'm running Ottawa

Tierney, Brown, White, and Duclair, while decent players, are most likely to be no better than 3rd liners on a contending team

#7 could potentially land the Sens a perennial all-star for the next 10 - 15 years

GOALOFSSON

Game Changer
Jun 6, 2018
Aspland
Can we not revisit your terrible proposals that make no sense for either team,

Ya if we trade the 7th (hope we don't) it would be in a deal involving a higher end piece instead of multiple pieces.

Rather not trade Mitts yet either.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Because they are restricted free agents. They could play hardball if they choose to. But they aren't players that a team will bend over for. They are nice players, not great ones.

A rebuilding team that isn't expected to be competitive for a few seasons shouldn't be signing "nice, not great" players to extensions

Those kinds of players should be traded for picks that could potentially produce a great player

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Ya if we trade the 7th (hope we don't) it would be in a deal involving a higher end piece instead of multiple pieces.

Rather not trade Mitts yet either.

Buffalo has quite a few holes down their lineup though, so I'm not sure one piece is enough to help right the ship

Which higher end player were you thinking?

Last edited:

GOALOFSSON

Game Changer
Jun 6, 2018
Aspland
Mittelstadt is just a throw-in

Remove Mittelstadt from the deal, and I still make this trade if I'm running Ottawa

Tierney, Brown, White, and Duclair, while decent players, are most likely to be no better than 3rd liners on a contending team

#7 could potentially land the Sens a perennial all-star for the next 10 - 15 years

Sabres don't want this why?

In our position I'd love to add that (who wouldn't though?)

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
A rebuilding team that isn't expected to be competitive for a few seasons shouldn't be signing "nice, not great" players to extensions

Those kinds of players should be traded for picks that could
potentially produce a great player

There's still a think called the cap floor that every team needs to make.
And the extensions for these guys wouldn't be long term. By all accounts ottawa is not rushing the prospects they have now. Nor are they rushing the ones they will draft this upcoming year. So they aren't in a hurry to trade everyone because they are rebuilding.
Simple as that. These guys fill the roster and are NHL players. In time they will all likely get moved as the better players come through to take their spots.

GOALOFSSON

Game Changer
Jun 6, 2018
Aspland
Buffalo has quite a few holes down there lineup though, so I'm not sure one piece is enough to help right the ship

Which higher end player were you thinking?

Not thinking of anyone in particular, just what I'd want if we traded the pick but I hope we keep it.

Our 1C is filled, Cozens looks to be a good bet to fill our 2C, solid top-6 wingers in Olofsson/Reinhart/Skinner at decent ages.

That's your top 2 centers and 3/4 wingers I'm confident in, I care less about the bottom-6 and those players are easier to find (still have some players in the pipeline that could fill there anyway)

I guess I'd rather have the shot to add a high end player for a long time to our already young/skilled core. Eichel isn't 24 yet and Dahlin doesn't even turn 20 for like 2 more weeks, I'm in absolutely no rush. Give me the (possible) highly skilled player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->