Review of the STX surgeon RX2?

Captain Charisma

Jan 18, 2019
I have the next iteration STX Surgeon RX3.

It's a decent stick. The 5 sided shaft feels nice when stick handling as it sits pretty nicely in your hands. The problem is when I try to do slapshots / one-timers. Whenever I am about to do a slapshot or one-timer, I rotate the stick shaft in my hands by 90 degrees and the 5-sided shaft just feels uncomfortable in that position.

Reactions: Nathaniel Skywalker

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013

It's a decent stick. The 5 sided shaft feels nice when stick handling as it sits pretty nicely in your hands. The problem is when I try to do slapshots / one-timers. Whenever I am about to do a slapshot or one-timer, I rotate the stick shaft in my hands by 90 degrees and the 5-sided shaft just feels uncomfortable in that position.
Thanks. I just used it for the first time. Took a period to get used to the different shaft but feel like it does give a better feel

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016

That's what she said!

Reactions: TheGreenTBer

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I have had all 3. (Don't ask why. I guess I can't pass up a sale on black Friday as those use to go for $99 on sale)
The initial RX was too blade heavy for me. I maybe used it twice. Still perfect condition and will remain unused and never grabbed again.
The RX 2 was more balanced. But the durability in my stick was very bad and didn't last long enough to really say anything other than stick handling felt great.
RX 3 x 2 is what I am currently using. The first one I had lost it's pop pretty quickly and while it might be in my head, It just felt broken without actually showing physical damage. The puck feel is great when stick handling. The shot usually has a decent pop, but hard passes tend to explode off my stick. (I only tape my sticks from mid-toe). All in all I view this as a budget friendly stick.

Reactions: Nathaniel Skywalker

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad