Speculation: 'Reverse Retro' Series Jersey

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois

Okay, you have my attention, Blackhawks.

I'm assuming by the 40 that it'll be a remix of the barberpole but probably not with the old logo.
Blackhawks12.png

Last edited:

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs

Okay, you have my attention, Blackhawks.

I'm assuming by the 40 that it'll be a remix of the barberpole but probably not with the old logo.
Blackhawks12.png

I think the shoulder yoke shows it's definitely going to be a reverse of the white one. The question is what's on the front, since no way will be a number, as you can't retail blank ones that way.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
So the '40 year they've been using to promote this was totally wrong, as it's clearly this one, these sleeve stripes and logo:

capture-png.373860

2) 1948-55 white jersey in black

View attachment 373860

The Hawks don't have much history with shoulder yokes, so this would be very different from anything they've worn in recent years. I think this one would look really sharp in black with white piping.

Reactions: ray c

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
The NHL twitter page had a thread with a photo of every team's jersey. The Blackhawks was the *only* jersey to not have the front of the jersey featured.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Even the video "reveal" is sad. They go out of their way to cover the logo at certain points compared to every other team. Like Adidas, if you aren't okay with the logo, why make the jersey in the first place?

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
I like that Hawks jersey, I think it looks good. Not too crazy, and it’s hard to throwback a jersey that hasn’t changed a ton over the years.

Someone straight up took LSD before designing that ducks jersey :laugh:

Reactions: LordKOTL and Giovi

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
Mostly hideous jerseys there. Really a whole load of crap.

Old Whalers Jersey is top notch except for the sleeve ends. Angle is unnecessary.

Hawks excellent.

Old Quebec style jersey with Avalanche colors is really fine. Beautiful.

A few others are adequate. Most are just plain ugly.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Love the Hawks retro jersey....Clean look to it and it just seems right and perfect...
I think Hawks merchvsalesxwill go through the roof as fansxwill want to buy this in drives...

To me it is the best looking retro jersey of all the teams...just as as their regular red hone jerseys always was the best looking of all in the league too....

Now if the tean could only play to the same elite level as the jersey is to elite level of visual impression and attractiveness ,we would have a double celebration....alas I fear they may look better than they play....but if they fail,they might as well look sharp in losing.

Reactions: swerdnase

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad