Reverse retro CBJ jersey

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
The white shoulders and sleeves kill all potential. Way too much white for a "home" jersey. This really does remind of the Capitals winter classic jerseys lol.

I love the logo though. That's cool to come back. I don't care at all about Stinger not being on there.

If the shoulders and sleeves were either blue or red, it might work (red would for sure work, not sure about blue), but yeah this isn't a jersey I'll be getting. Honestly, for our reverse retro if you just brought back the original jerseys with some modifications I wouldn't have been upset at all. But alas.

Reactions: CPTN71

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
The goal is to sell jerseys and get fans excited. You bend the theme to meet these goals. Blindly following the theme leads to a stupid jersey nobody wants. This was a missed opportunity.
You may not buy this jersey but people will. And they will buy more of them than the military appreciation jerseys or the hockey fights cancer jerseys they sell too.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
At least this jersey isn't the ugly as F*ck Ducks jerseys.

We like to be a negative bunch here but I don't know what everyone expected. We don't have much to work with. I'm just disappointed there is no Stinger on the shoulder.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I've always cringed at the first logo so my incredibly low expectations are being met here. Maybe the red color helps soften the gaudy logo a bit. But the white shoulders I don't see the purpose of, do white shoulder-arms ever look good?

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I've always cringed at the first logo so my incredibly low expectations are being met here. Maybe the red color helps soften the gaudy logo a bit. But the white shoulders I don't see the purpose of, do white shoulder-arms ever look good?
I would have gone with a dark powder blue instead of the red. But at least ours is not as bad as Pittsburgh's or Anaheim's.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Honestly if they just brought back the 00-06 jerseys with modifications I wouldn’t have complained at all. Those arent sexy but at least they’re nice.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I wonder how many games will be played in those jerseys ? Maybe it’s just one for fun
If they went through the effort on these for the entire league it will be for more than 1 game. In a full season I'm guessing it would have been 6 games with regular 3rds getting 12 although I thought I read somewhere these were intended to be worn in 12 games as well.

A shortened season this year, who knows how many?

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I would have gone with a dark powder blue instead of the red. But at least ours is not as bad as Pittsburgh's or Anaheim's.

Honestly if they just brought back the 00-06 jerseys with modifications I wouldn’t have complained at all. Those arent sexy but at least they’re nice.

Look I know I’m not in with the jersey news and whatever but can someone explain to be what the ‘reverse’ part of ‘reverse retro’ means?

Reactions: thebus88

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Look I know I’m not in with the jersey news and whatever but can someone explain to be what the ‘reverse’ part of ‘reverse retro’ means?
I think every team interpreted it differently, but the most common broad categories appear to be either "take your theme colors and flip 'em" or "let's do some other quirky modernish twist".

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009

My guess is the "reverse retro" meant you reversed your primary colors (which is why we went red) and went "retro". Some teams decided to only do one or the other (which is why Whalers are back) with most teams doing both.

Toe Pick

Jun 13, 2011
Columbus, OH
For what it’s worth The Hockey News guy loves em — ranking them 7th overall:

“7. Columbus: Maybe I'm on an island here, but I really like the Blue Jackets' look. The red is bold and it's a first for the franchise as a main color. Makes the cribbage board logo really pop.”

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I think every team interpreted it differently, but the most common broad categories appear to be either "take your theme colors and flip 'em" or "let's do some other quirky modernish twist".

My guess is the "reverse retro" meant you reversed your primary colors (which is why we went red) and went "retro". Some teams decided to only do one or the other (which is why Whalers are back) with most teams doing both.

So why were some posting they should have used some shade of blue or just used a version of an early-season sweater? I mean, it was gonna be red, right? (Or neon green?)

but like I said, I’m no expert.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
So why were some posting they should have used some shade of blue or just used a version of an early-season sweater?

Because we are the freaking Blue Jackets. The Red Wings somehow ended up with red wings on their jersey. We could have ended up with plenty of blue on our jersey. If we had been named the Columbus Cows (remember when the Other Paper lobbied for that name?) we could have any color jerseys and who would care? But the team name is literally a blue item of clothing.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
So why were some posting they should have used some shade of blue or just used a version of an early-season sweater? I mean, it was gonna be red, right? (Or neon green?)

but like I said, I’m no expert.

Youre right. I just wish we opted for “retro” rather than “reverse retro.” I also wish there wasn’t so much white, especially on the sleeves and shoulders.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Youre right. I just wish we opted for “retro” rather than “reverse retro.” I also wish there wasn’t so much white, especially on the sleeves and shoulders.

I agree, I think it would be cooler if the whole white strip from wrist to wrist were just red.

Reactions: CBJWennberg10

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
Because we are the freaking Blue Jackets. The Red Wings somehow ended up with red wings on their jersey. We could have ended up with plenty of blue on our jersey. If we had been named the Columbus Cows (remember when the Other Paper lobbied for that name?) we could have any color jerseys and who would care? But the team name is literally a blue item of clothing.

Not just any cow, but the Mad Cows! I still have the tee shirts The Other put out.

Reactions: koteka

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
All of the options available and this is what they come up with? A person on this board (not me :biglaugh:) could have come up with a way better design than this that most people would actually like. This is a big fail.

Reactions: Halfboard

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->