Reverse retro CBJ jersey

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I wonder what the old CBJ logo will look like. The red ribbon against a red shirt won't look right so I'm betting they are doing some reverse coloring on the logo as well.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
So the freaking team name is the Blue Jackets and the jersey has almost no freaking blue???

These will be showing up at a TJ Maxx near you soon enough.

Reactions: CPTN71

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
So the freaking team name is the Blue Jackets and the jersey has almost no freaking blue???

Look it’s ugly but maybe I don’t understand what they mean by ‘reverse’ retro? Wouldn’t that indicate that the colors be reversed?

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005

The St. Louis Blues jersey is red and the Golden Knights only have gold trim. We'll all get over it just fine too. It's not like there won't be any blue on it at all

Have you seen the prediction on the red wings jersey? it looks like an OSU jersey. That will go over well in Michigan.

5fb1816716de35c939fce2b1_1115-det-pred.jpg

Reactions: CPTN71 and Fro

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Enh. My expectations were pretty low, and I'm not sure if they've been met or slightly exceeded. We never had much chance to get much good out of this particular promo anyways.

I mean, what "nostalgia" element would we be able to pounce on? There's no past NHL-level teams in Columbus so we can't invoke that like Minnesota did, we weren't a relocation so we can't invoke that like Colorado and Carolina did, we don't have extensive histories to play with like the O6 teams (not that that helped Detroit any), and our early days were basically made of Doug MacLean and sadness. The best available alternatives involve things like neon green Cincinnati Stingers logos and other "only obsessive hockey trivia buffs will understand this" nonsense that would be even more dubious. At least it's a damn serviceable hockey sweater - even if it's not really a Columbus one.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
I mean, what "nostalgia" element would we be able to pounce on?

Boomer.

I think you could have done something in the style of the Chill logo. Maybe a slanted CBJ with the icicles from the chill logo.

I think you could have done an updated version of the original jerseys. Switch a few things up, but not go full on red.

A white version of our third jerseys. Or something else cannon related.

Reactions: CPTN71

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Was never on the jersey.

I think you could have done something in the style of the Chill logo. Maybe a slanted CBJ with the icicles from the chill logo.
Would also have fallen under the category of "only obsessive hockey trivia buffs will understand this".

I think you could have done an updated version of the original jerseys. Switch a few things up, but not go full on red.

A white version of our third jerseys. Or something else cannon related.
None of these would have fit the theme.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad