Speculation: Revamping Management and Turning Stones

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
There have already been 4 (Lefebvre/Daigneault/Lacroix/Dudley) out and 1 (Ducharme), and one to be announced in the near future (Bouchard) in. And more changes will be made. It's not scorched earth, but it won't be limited changes this time. I doubt Carriere sticks around or any of the assistant coaches in Laval. The scouting departments will go through some changes, too. MB said that the amateur dept. will remain in place for this draft and that afterwards, they will evaluate the staff.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what happens with Churla and Crawford. Crawford to me took a shortcut to a job he didn't deserve -- he has as illustrious a CV as Nick Carrière's -- all of it premised on who you know or who you are related to. It reeks.

Reactions: groovejuice

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I'm really looking forward to seeing what happens with Churla and Crawford. Crawford to me took a shortcut to a job he didn't deserve -- he has as illustrious a CV as Nick Carrière's -- all of it premised on who you know or who you are related to. It reeks.

I think both should go. But if I'm to pick one to go and one to keep, I want Crawford gone. I'm one of those who believes that the amateur drafting isn't the team's biggest issue. So if they choose to keep Churla, I won't be upset. I'd rather see changes made in both departments. But between the two, Crawford needs to GTFO.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
I think both should go. But if I'm to pick one to go and one to keep, I want Crawford gone. I'm one of those who believes that the amateur drafting isn't the team's biggest issue. So if they choose to keep Churla, I won't be upset. I'd rather see changes made in both departments. But between the two, Crawford needs to GTFO.

I'm curious. Does anyone know if Churla was a Timmins hire or a Bergevin one?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Bergevin. Churla was hired to replace Timmins from a scouting standpoint. Timmins is more management than scouting now. I think after McCarron Bergevin gave Timmins the ability to make the final call on our first round picks.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Aujourd'hui aura lieu le bilan de saison de l'#Armada à 13h00.C'est à ce moment que nous devrions en apprendre davantage sur l'avenir de Joel Bouchard avec l'équipe, lui qui est fortement cité par les médias traditionnels pour faire le saut avec l'organisation du #CH. #LHJMQ #NHL

Armada Bilan is at 13h00

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Did Joel Bouchard not have a job with RDS a few years ago?

Did he have that skit where he would demonstrate individual plays on the ice with French Canadian stars?

What job is he getting with the Habs?

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Did Joel Bouchard not have a job with RDS a few years ago?

Did he have that skit where he would demonstrate individual plays on the ice with French Canadian stars?

What job is he getting with the Habs?

yes he was at RDS and for me ,and alote of other persons to I think, he was the best analyste there ! and yes he had the académie de hockey McDonald, where with NHL player, he was giving tips to young kid. He had to the biggest summer hockey camps of Quebec so he is developing kid it’s been a longtime !

Reactions: DAChampion

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
L'Armada tiendra son bilan de fin de saison à 13h, aujourd'hui. Nous vous alimenterons des faits saillants en direct sur nos différentes plate-formes sociales. À noter qu'aucun commentaire sera fait sur la situation personnelle de Joël Bouchard. #JembarquedanslArmada

no comments on Bouchard futur

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
L'Armada tiendra son bilan de fin de saison à 13h, aujourd'hui. Nous vous alimenterons des faits saillants en direct sur nos différentes plate-formes sociales. À noter qu'aucun commentaire sera fait sur la situation personnelle de Joël Bouchard. #JembarquedanslArmada

no comments on Bouchard futur

I think this answers the question without answering it literally.

If he was to stay with the Armada next year, they wouldn't specify it in a tweet. He'd be asked at the press conference and he'd answer that he'd be returning. End of story.

The fact they did make a point to say he won't comment on his future means that he is going elsewhere and that it will be announced officially by his new team (we all know it's Habs).

Reactions: Vachon23

Brownies

yes he was at RDS and for me ,and alote of other persons to I think, he was the best analyste there ! and yes he had the académie de hockey McDonald, where with NHL player, he was giving tips to young kid. He had to the biggest summer hockey camps of Quebec so he is developing kid it’s been a longtime !
No one on english or french channels has come close to Bouchard since then, in my opinion. He really tried to explain the tactics of the game and I don't understand why nearly no one does it, or at least try a bit harder. They're paid to talk about hockey and can't really explain anything harder than : X player should've covered Y player here.

Reactions: Kimota

Beer and Chips

Feb 5, 2018
No one on english or french channels has come close to Bouchard since then, in my opinion. He really tried to explain the tactics of the game and I don't understand why nearly no one does it, or at least try a bit harder. They're paid to talk about hockey and can't really explain anything harder than : X player should've covered Y player here.

RIP Howie Meeker

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Listening to Bouchard's PC right now, it sounds like Anthony Robbins lite. Life lessons and philosophical perspectives, taking advantage of opportunities ... you wouldn't know it's really about hockey.

Of course, the PC would not stick to Armada questions. Someone just asked a question about his future beyond the Armada. So predictable, lol.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Listening to Bouchard's PC right now, it sounds like Anthony Robbins lite. Life lessons and philosophical perspectives, taking advantage of opportunities ... you wouldn't know it's really about hockey.

Of course, the PC would not stick to Armada questions. Someone just asked a question about his future beyond the Armada. So predictable, lol.
Will we hear something today?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Will we hear something today?

I doubt it. Based on how much significance Bouchard appeared to want to give the Armada, I have a feeling he'll let the dust settle and ensure a transition from his duties since he remains a part-owner of the club.

I'm predicting we'll have this wrapped up by next week as this is all everyone will be talking about, it seems. We're still some 5 weeks away from the draft, what else do we have to look forward to? :sarcasm:

brianp1950

Sep 28, 2017
After turning every stone, all they could find was a sacrificial lambfevre
MB and SL would not know a hockey player if he jumped up and hit him with a hockey stick. have never seen so many bad trades, poor management. How this guy MB still has a job is mindblowing, what the hell is Molson thinking keeping him around for the draft this year. Next rebuild under way starting June

brianp1950

Sep 28, 2017
It comes down to the old boys club, surround yourself with people you know and can control or people with limited upside potential that you can keep below you, either way you create a hierarchy of protection

Hiring someone who has the potential to replace you is not the easiest thing to do but it's something a competent person would have the confidence to do to make the team better and provides a succession plan

The whole Larry Robinson fiasco was the first sign of this when he was just getting started, he would have been a tremendous addition but there's a threat there to Therrien - enter JJD who had basically zero coaching experience at the pro level

Lefebvre has some experience but a very low ceiling and was never seen as a potential NHL coach, again keeps the Hab's coach's job safe

Dudley is on semi-retirement, never a threat to replacing MB

Muller has the experience but doesn't speak French, no threat

The rest of his buddies are lucky to have jobs, they protect him and he looks after them with no threat

Ducharme/Bouchard are threats as is Brisebois

I've seen this same set up at dozens of corporations around the globe, it will scare you how many billion dollar businesses have incompetent people at the top looking after each other

The only way to tear it down is cut off the head, they can throw pawns away for years making it look like they're making real changes

My prediction next scapegoat is Timmins (post draft) as he wasn't hired by MB
Foxhole

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Michel Langevin just said that he got word Bergevin was in the Ottawa region yesterday. He speculated that he may have been there to meet with either Andre Tourigny (who coaches the Ottawa 67's) for the Laval job or possibly with Vigneault, who lives there.

I don't know if Tourigny stays there in the off-season, although he's been assistant coach with the Sens and now head coach of the 67's, so it's possible he's got a place there.

And I do trust Langevin because he spent years covering the Senators in the 90s-2000s, so he's still got his connections there.

Reactions: DAChampion

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad