Returning to the hawks

Pthack56

Jan 21, 2020
springfield Illinois
From the time I became a NHL fan (2018) to the time the SA report was published on the Hawks mis management of the Kyle Beach SA (2021). I have followed other teams and enjoy the sport of hockey since then. Now that the purge of those involved has occurred and the death of Rocky, I have considered breaking out the old Chief Blackhawk and wearing it again. This has nothing to do with whether the team is good or not, it has everything to do with principle and morals. Just asking for advice and opinions on the direction I should go with my fandom.

shakes the clown

Jan 11, 2010
Chicago
From the time I became a NHL fan (2018) to the time the SA report was published on the Hawks mis management of the Kyle Beach SA (2021). I have followed other teams and enjoy the sport of hockey since then. Now that the purge of those involved has occurred and the death of Rocky, I have considered breaking out the old Chief Blackhawk and wearing it again. This has nothing to do with whether the team is good or not, it has everything to do with principle and morals. Just asking for advice and opinions on the direction I should go with my fandom.
so you became a fan 5 years ago and you're already knee deep in a personal boycott of the franchise?

No offense, but hockey isn't for everyone.

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019
It definitely has to be personal choice. As you said, everyone involved is gone. The new regime, at least to outward appearances, seems to be trying to do better. But if you can't trust them then you can't trust them, up to you whether you can live with that while cheering for the team.

It will probably help to ignore the people who act as if it's unthinkable to even have those doubts.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Do what you see fit. Really only way to go

Reactions: Idionym

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
giphy.gif

cassac

Sep 19, 2013
Saw this posted on the main boards by the OP. Went in there expecting the usual ridiculous responses like “the Blackhawks should lose the franchise because they are all sexual predators”.

I was surprised to see the majority of posters actually said that the organization was completely different and all involved had been removed.

Chuck Testa

Mar 27, 2017

As people are saying... everybody that was mired in the muck of that incident is gone. No players, nobody.

So it's up to you as to whether or not you wish to cheer them on.

If not, there's the door. Fairweather fans come and go.

swerdnase

Jan 27, 2013
Saw this posted on the main boards by the OP. Went in there expecting the usual ridiculous responses like “the Blackhawks should lose the franchise because they are all sexual predators”.

I was surprised to see the majority of posters actually said that the organization was completely different and all involved had been removed.
That's because they don't see gaining a new fan as benefiting the Hawks. But just wait and see what happens if we end up with the number one pick again.

Crow

May 19, 2014
Personally, with the purge of upper management, I have no second thoughts about being a hawks fan.

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Always nice to see a long-standing fan and poster here back in the fold

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad