Return of the Retro?

JagrBomber

Oct 8, 2010
Calgary, Canada
Hey Fellas,

So anyone watch the off-day video stuff? Notice how the retro red helmets, gloves, pants, and socks were back?

Not sure if it's just because of retro night coming up, or if Burkie said **** the new thirds and re-instated the retros.

Anyone know for sure? I tweeted Glenn Campbell and even he and the boys weren't sure.

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
Practice is practice they could be wearing other teams jerseys and it still wouldn't matter. But if Hartley continues to refuse to dress his team in the awful new 3rds because they suck so much balls it causes the team to lose I won't bat an eyelash.

JagrBomber

Oct 8, 2010
Calgary, Canada
Practice is practice they could be wearing other teams jerseys and it still wouldn't matter. But if Hartley continues to refuse to dress his team in the awful new 3rds because they suck so much balls it causes the team to lose I won't bat an eyelash.

Hartley likes the guys to practice what they play in though, it's all about the feel. No reason to wear that gear if they aren't going to use it in games. I don't know, just something to think about.

Guido Sarducci

Aug 7, 2012
canyon meadows
When is retro night? I never seem to find out about these promos until i get to the game. More fun if you actually dress up for these things. Is it the Kings game?

JagrBomber

Oct 8, 2010
Calgary, Canada
When is retro night? I never seem to find out about these promos until i get to the game. More fun if you actually dress up for these things. Is it the Kings game?

That's what I have been hearing. We should come up with a clever chant to hopefully convince management to keep these things around.

Guido Sarducci

Aug 7, 2012
canyon meadows
K, thanks goodsauce.

Where do the Flames list their promos? I can't find it anywhere and the internet is full of information. It's like it's a big secret or something. If you google "flames retro night" all you get is an article about how fun the 2011 retro night was.???????

BTW, The Okotoks Dawgs have mailed me a list of their promotions and their season doesn't even start for 4 more months.

If the Kings game is retro night, wear the retro jerseys, and then wear them again for Nieuwendyk night says me.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I just wanted to point out that we ain't even talkin' about the game. We talkin' about practice. Practice, man. We talkin' about practice. If we had worn retro gear during a game, then I could see us talkin' about it, but we ain't talkin' about the game. We talkin' about practice.

Trae

Calgary
Brian McGrattan tweet after practice:

@bigern10: great wearing the retro reds today!!! Who on here agrees with me that those should be our permanent home jerseys!!!

Boom. Players want it. Fans want it. Make it happen.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
So what are the odds the new 3rds don't stay? They're actually growing on me and I was going to trade in a team canada jersey I won this weekend for the new 3rd. But if it's only going to be a one season jersey, I won't bother.

JagrBomber

Oct 8, 2010
Calgary, Canada
So what are the odds the new 3rds don't stay? They're actually growing on me and I was going to trade in a team canada jersey I won this weekend for the new 3rd. But if it's only going to be a one season jersey, I won't bother.

I think that Burkie hates the fact they are winless in them, but likes the design and stuff. So it's really a toss up and this post is useless in the help department lol.

I liked the 3rds from day one, but if there really is a curse on them, screw em. And, if I had a choice, I'd rather the retro thirds than the current ones.

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
From when the current thirds were announced.
"We believe we have delivered a third jersey that will appeal to those who wanted a third jersey while adding to our classic vintage jersey and solid current jersey."

—Jim Peplinski, Calgary Flames VP, Business Development

Looking at it now, "adding" to the vintage jersey, so I guess it never was a full replacement of the throwback? Probably safe to assume that having a few retro nights won't mean that the cursed third is going anywhere either.

Will be awesome to see it again, regardless.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad