Return of the Jets campaign (the sequel)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proboscis

Jun 9, 2007
Mr. Balsillie did not invent anything. He is a businessman with the good fortune to know Mike Lazardis. Before you go around engaging in character assassination, you should probably have a little more knowledge of the subject matter.

Where do you think that RIM would be if Jim Balsillie had not been involved in the whole picture? Would it be worse off, in the same position, or better off?

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
Everyone ... take the day off. Heck, take the weekend off. I'm going to decide what to do while I go get acquainted with the area, and when I come back I'll lay out the course of action going forward.

See you all later tonight ... and no, starting a new thread on this in the meantime would not be a good idea.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
OK ... we're going to try this one more time. Let's knock it off with the name calling and such, it's not only against the rules but tends to drag discussions completely off-topic - and generally we've all done a pretty decent job in this forum of saying on topic.

If this degenerates again, we'll be done for good ... until there's actual, real news about a team coming back to Winnipeg that indicates the chances of a team coming back have moved beyond the "maybe some day" stage.

For the record, I've vetted gsc's credentials. Yes, he really is from Canada. Yes, he really is a lawyer. Yes, he really does work with a *major* corporation, and yes ... he really has been involved in deals involving hundreds of millions of dollars. Should anyone else here wish to make a claim of "I've done ____", fine - it won't be that hard for me to check out ... you can send me the details via PM, I'll investigate - and those details will stay between you and I.

So ... let's stay on topic (discussing each other is not on topic) and leave the personal insults out of this.

-- ADDENDUM: the above should not be viewed as an implicit endorsement of anything gsc has said or may say in the future - it's simply to get across that he has not (to the best of my knowledge) made up or falsified who he is and what he claims to have done. Disagreement with any of the points he makes is still fine (and to be expected - and maybe even encouraged!) should anyone choose to do so.

Last edited:

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
Well, that didn't take long at all. Disappointing, really - because I was hoping for better. Apparently, I should lower expectations going forward.

63514588acc359c06.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->