Return of a true top level indoor football league, backed by the NFL

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
The Arena Football League shut down in 2019.

So, I had a thought. What if the NFL operated an indoor league using some of the same cities and nicknames in the NFL, similar to how the old NASL had indoor and outdoor seasons?

Only difference is, players who would play during the NFL's "outdoor" season would not be eligible to play during the "indoor" season, and vice versa. This is because of safety concerns.

It would also bring in more revenue for the NFL.

Of course probably every team which competes in the outdoor season could in the indoor season, except some cities only have smaller arenas intended for minor league sports teams.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
The Arena Football League shut down in 2019.

So, I had a thought. What if the NFL operated an indoor league using some of the same cities and nicknames in the NFL, similar to how the old NASL had indoor and outdoor seasons?

Only difference is, players who would play during the NFL's "outdoor" season would not be eligible to play during the "indoor" season, and vice versa. This is because of safety concerns.

It would also bring in more revenue for the NFL.

Of course probably every team which competes in the outdoor season could in the indoor season, except some cities only have smaller arenas intended for minor league sports teams.
Indoor football league shut down because they were losing money, presumably.

Why would this make money for NFL then?

hockeyguy0022

Feb 20, 2016
I think the XFL/CFL should look at merging if the XFL has a solid 3-5 years in the future.

The American money could really help the CFL and the XFL could use the legitimacy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad