Speculation: Return in Stone trade

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
If the Sens aren’t able to come to a long term deal with Stone, what kind of return would you find acceptable?

A Blues fan posted a straight up deal for Taresenko.

I’d take that and run.

What do you think?

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
If the Sens aren’t able to come to a long term deal with Stone, what kind of return would you find acceptable?

A Blues fan posted a straight up deal for Taresenko.

I’d take that and run.

What do you think?
In that scenario we are stealing Tarasenko so take it and run.

Reactions: Panic at the Back

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
I keep wondering if he somehow ends up in TBay.
Might need to get a 3rd team involved since I don't see Callahan waiving to go to Ottawa and they almost have to move him out to fit Stone in.
But I think he'd be a great fit there.

Not sure what would be coming back though.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
I keep wondering if he somehow ends up in TBay.
Might need to get a 3rd team involved since I don't see Callahan waiving to go to Ottawa and they almost have to move him out to fit Stone in.
But I think he'd be a great fit there.

Not sure what would be coming back though.
Knowing the TB fans it would be Killorn, a Koekkoek and a 2nd rounder.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I'm suddenly very thankful this new forum has colour-coded topic listings. Damned near gave me a fright reading the thread title!

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
Ok do it a big trade with St-Louis Stone + Ceci + Dzingle + Condon vs Tarasenko + Allen + Parayko

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
We'll get far less than we deserve, especially because there won't be much salary coming back.

After the Karlsson debacle my expectations are staggeringly low.

Reactions: Sensung

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
We'll get far less than we deserve, especially because there won't be much salary coming back.

After the Karlsson debacle my expectations are staggeringly low.
The problem with the Karlsson situation was that there was lower than expected interest in him. Likely due to him saying he would not re-sign right away.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
The problem with the Karlsson situation was that there was lower than expected interest in him. Likely due to him saying he would not re-sign right away.
And what are the odds that Stone opts to extend when he is months away from getting to choose his destination?

Reactions: Senscore

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott

And Stone will re-sign with a new team 3 months before he can hit UFA?

The return for Stone will be underwhelming because contending teams will not give up core pieces off their roster. They'll want to add Stone to what they have without subtracting.

We'll get a 1st, decent prospect and filler.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
And Stone will re-sign with a new team 3 months before he can hit UFA?

The return for Stone will be underwhelming because contending teams will not give up core pieces off their roster. They'll want to add Stone to what they have without subtracting.

We'll get a 1st, decent prospect and filler.
No chance since he will re-sign here.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
No chance since he will re-sign here.

Sure. Let's talk about that when it happens, but until then, it's far from a sure thing. There was no reason for him not to be extended in the summer and yet here we are.

The closer we get to July, the less risk for Stone to wait and field other offers.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Sure. Let's talk about that when it happens, but until then, it's far from a sure thing. There was no reason for him not to be extended in the summer and yet here we are.

The closer we get to July, the less risk for Stone to wait and field other offers.
If they couldn't agree on a contract framework then there was every reason to sign a 1 year deal prior to arb. I believe he will be re-signed in January.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
If they couldn't agree on a contract framework then there was every reason to sign a 1 year deal prior to arb. I believe he will be re-signed in January.

Your belief doesn't make it any more likely. It has no impact on the situation. Right now it's up in the air.

And as we get closer the July 1st, the less risk Stone has in waiting to se3 what other teams can offer.

From Stone's perspective, what's the benefit of signing in February instead of waiting the extra month and a half to hit free-agency?

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Your belief doesn't make it any more likely. It has no impact on the situation. Right now it's up in the air.

And as we get closer the July 1st, the less risk Stone has in waiting to se3 what other teams can offer.

From Stone's perspective, what's the benefit of signing in February instead of waiting the extra month and a half to hit free-agency?
Nor does you belief that he will go to UFA.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad