Retro Winnipeg Jets Jerseys?

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Since Calgary, and Ottawa went “retro” - any chance we see Winnipeg do the same in the near future?

While these are from the Heritage Classic - I think they would make a great alternative.

upload_2020-10-18_22-18-47.jpeg

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
Honestly, the current logo is the best in the history of the franchise and the previous franchise. The unis themselves are too busy, but these ones are bland. I'd rather they just make a better version with their current logo.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Those old ones are awesome but I think it's a bit less likely than the Calgary or Ottawa ones. With those two, they changed the jerseys in a bad way and then recently just fixed it by going back. With the Jets, we have a whole new team now with the "original" 2011 jerseys. The old ones aren't even the most recent old Jet jerseys - these ones haven't been used since the 70s. Who knows though, it'd be cool to maybe do a modernised hybrid one in the future.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Those old ones are awesome but I think it's a bit less likely than the Calgary or Ottawa ones. With those two, they changed the jerseys in a bad way and then recently just fixed it by going back. With the Jets, we have a whole new team now with the "original" 2011 jerseys. The old ones aren't even the most recent old Jet jerseys - these ones haven't been used since the 70s. Who knows though, it'd be cool to maybe do a modernised hybrid one in the future.

I'm very confident that this is exactly what they are going to release once they decide to switch their jersey set-up eventually. The feedback on those retro style jerseys is pretty much 100% positive around the fanbase and even across the league. It is too much money to pass on and instead gamble with a new design that people will be pissed about... everyone will be stating how stupid they are to not go with the obvious choice. It just makes way too much sense marketing wise.

To me, the only question left about this topic is "When?" - and I think it will be as soon as the current core is done and they go into a rebuild phase. Teams that have changed their look and feel have acted similarly to it. It's a good way for your marketing to insert a fresh and positive breath of air into a "negative" situation (i.e. going to suck for a couple of years until they are back with a good young core). That is at least how I see it as a Marketing Designer myself.

Last edited:

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
The Jets have a very solid logo currently, but the jerseys are among the worst in the league. The retro jerseys are beautiful, but the logo is kind of dated if it were to become a primary.

In a perfect world the Jets take their current logo, modify the colors slightly, and slap it on the jerseys in the OP.

Sauce12

Unregistered User
Jul 25, 2011
The dark side of the moon
The Jets have a very solid logo currently, but the jerseys are among the worst in the league. The retro jerseys are beautiful, but the logo is kind of dated if it were to become a primary.

In a perfect world the Jets take their current logo, modify the colors slightly, and slap it on the jerseys in the OP.

Something like this?

WPG-HOME.jpg

WPG-ROAD.jpg

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I would honestly love these, sales would soar too.

But Mark Chipman won't get his head out of his *** and to put it in perspective he won't do anything about Paul Maurice who should've been let go as early as 2017.

Reactions: Thrasymachus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad