GDT: Retro GDT: Game 7 Canes vs Oilers 2006

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
I still don’t understand how a skater freezing the puck in the crease counts as possession and not a penalty shot.

And I could be misremembering but didn’t somebody find an angle that showed the puck over the line later on?
An oilers player's stick brushed the puck in the air before it was frozen by the skater in the crease. Not possession by any human definition, but refs were blowing delayed penalties on even tiny touches until two years ago or so, so I can kinda understand what they were thinking- but still, it's a bad call.

As for the puck over the line, the broadcast just showed it in right at the start of the 2nd period. So very badly blown call that didn't end up mattering.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Other random thought: Pisani. How the hell? He was a 30 point-ish guy his entire career, on the rare occasion he played a full season. Yeah, he had some health issues later, but in 06 he hit his career high with 37 points in the regular season. Yet that guy was the leading goalscorer of the 06 playoffs, and constantly looked like a superstar out there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad