Retribution vs the Penguins

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Yeah, the cheap hits on all sides are something that I could never support. As a Pens fan, I thought Neal's hit was cheap and he'll have to answer the bell at some point. But the glove thing was just a bit of gamesmanship that I thought was funny too. Those are the kind of moments that keep the rivalry fresh without it going overboard.

For sure. I just threw that in there to appease the home board :laugh:

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
I completely agree about the glove thing. Also it set off my favorite hockey sequence since, well, ever, maybe.

Flyersfan139

May 15, 2010
Exton, PA
Pen's fan here. I'm not sure how one quantifies "dirtiest team in the league last season" so I can't really speak to that. I will say though that I was embarrassed by many of the Penguins' reactions to getting outplayed in that series. Asham's cheapshot, Letang's hush mocking the crowd (he really made an idiot of himself), Crosby pushing the glove thing. They are really competitive guys and I think their composure got the best of themselves. As far as retribution, I don't really get the talk here about returning a perceived or real cheapshot with another cheapshot. Hit Neal as often and as hard as you want, challenge him to a fight (one he will likely decline against one of your tougher fighters so would Giroux or any other star player). Just my 2 cents.

I don't want the flyers to cheap shot anyone but some good fights and hard hits would be awesome as always. :handclap:

TheLegendkiller

Sep 2, 2009
I don't want the flyers to cheap shot anyone but some good fights and hard hits would be awesome as always. :handclap:

I think the main issue we have with the Pens is that they do dirty things but rarely drop the gloves to pay the price for it. While its true that we have had a lot of guys over the years on the Flyers throw dirty hits, most of the time they are more then willing to answer for it. That's pretty much the problem we have with what the Pens did in that series. They choose not to answer for hits many times.

drownedsailors

Sep 25, 2010
Earth
This is a shortened season, I think they'll be more worried about getting the 2 points than going after Neal.

But then again, I'm not a hockey player so what the hell do I know? :laugh:

JWells16

Nov 4, 2006
Raleigh, NC
This is a shortened season, I think they'll be more worried about getting the 2 points than going after Neal.

But then again, I'm not a hockey player so what the hell do I know? :laugh:

Yea, players are going to need to be careful this year. A 5 game suspension is suddenly a pretty big deal, especially if you're an important role player. I'd say we're not going to see what we did on April 1st last year, but who knows... Pens vs. Flyers has surprised me before.

TheLegendkiller

Sep 2, 2009
That's why Sestito needs to do something. He's by far the most useless player.

No I don't even count Shelley. :laugh:

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Pen's fan here. I'm not sure how one quantifies "dirtiest team in the league last season" so I can't really speak to that. I will say though that I was embarrassed by many of the Penguins' reactions to getting outplayed in that series. Asham's cheapshot, Letang's hush mocking the crowd (he really made an idiot of himself), Crosby pushing the glove thing. They are really competitive guys and I think their composure got the best of themselves. As far as retribution, I don't really get the talk here about returning a perceived or real cheapshot with another cheapshot. Hit Neal as often and as hard as you want, challenge him to a fight (one he will likely decline against one of your tougher fighters so would Giroux or any other star player). Just my 2 cents.

In all honesty, I agree. I think the Flyers should focus on playing hard and winning the game, and I think they will.

However, I am not convinced the Penguins will do that. I think what has most Flyers fans still so upset is that the Pens intentionally tried to injure some of our key players in that series...I would not be surprised at all if they start Saturdays game trying to cheap shot Giroux or someone, its just in that teams character, especially if they are losing.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia

where are you getting this from? from what i've read everybody has said specifically to go about this legally. i don't recall anyone saying to do something illegal. maybe i'm wrong but if someone did in fact say that then they are in the minority amongst flyers fans.

Last edited:

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
He don't likey the Flyers :sarcasm:

"What was I supposed to do, pick it up for him?"

Now if it was someone like Pronger using that line it would come with a smirk and the reporters would laugh. This chump says it and he just comes off like a schoolgirl who's stumped in a spelling bee.

TheLegendkiller

Sep 2, 2009
"What was I supposed to do, pick it up for him?"

Now if it was someone like Pronger using that line it would come with a smirk and the reporters would laugh. This chump says it and he just comes off like a schoolgirl who's stumped in a spelling bee.

His delivery sucks. Pronger would have that smirk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad