Retribution vs the Penguins

AbsolutelyNot

Nov 8, 2012
PA
Malkin wasnt suspended for the hit on Grossmann because Grossmann didnt lay on the ice like a Penguin trying to get the call. He acutally got up.

As far as Neal goes, someone needs to make him pay. That being said, he wont drop the gloves. Rinaldo or Simmonds will get in his face, maybe even give him a few shots, and the Flyers will end up being the ones being shorthanded because Neal wont do anything. Be prepared to be killing off penalties early on Saturday.

BillyShoe1721

Terriers
Mar 29, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
Nobody is going to "go after" James Neal. They'll finish their checks on him for sure, but I'd be very surprised if somebody tried to pick a fight with him. He won't fight, he has 5 fights in 314 career games, and he hasn't fought the toughest guys(Brassard, Hanzal, Peckham, Matt Greene, and Ference).

Swic21

Jan 8, 2012
Canada
I dunno Matt Greene is a big mean guy. If he will fight him I'm sure he would fight Hartsy or Simmer.

BillyShoe1721

Terriers
Mar 29, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
I dunno Matt Greene is a big mean guy. If he will fight him I'm sure he would fight Hartsy or Simmer.

It wasn't really a fight. Neal threw a hard hit that injured Stoll, and Greene jumped him and they wrestled to the ground. It wasn't like they squared up, Greene came flying in after him and Neal just had to defend himself.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Shortened season, id hate for simmons and hartnell to get a suspension.

I say if we are losing , you put in shelly and say these magic words " Instigator"

slitz

Feb 28, 2004
no one is "going after" neal. no one goes after anyone in the NHL anymore. besides, no team is going to risk an multiple game suspension in a shortened year. if someone takes a 5 game suspension (i'm looking at you zac rinaldo), thats more than 10% of the season. might as well buy a house in glen falls if thats how you're going to play

kicksave27

Nov 29, 2007
I certainly think hartnell or simmonds are going to have some "discussions" with him during the game. Though I doubt neal is going to answer the call.

It's always an amped game when crosby is in the building anyway, if luke buries him like his brother did, he'll be a fav for sure.

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
I don't think there's anything wrong with wishing injury upon others, because it doesn't make one iota of difference if it's not you who's on the ice. That said, I'd rather see the Pens defeated without them getting hurt, since it'd be much more enjoyable to seem them helpless rather than there always being the "you won because you injured our best players" argument. Frankly, the latter argument always makes me laugh, as well, but nonetheless - keep it clean, but go hard on them. If an injury happens it happens, but don't force anything.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
I don't think there's anything wrong with wishing injury upon others, because it doesn't make one iota of difference if it's not you who's on the ice. That said, I'd rather see the Pens defeated without them getting hurt, since it'd be much more enjoyable to seem them helpless rather than there always being the "you won because you injured our best players" argument. Frankly, the latter argument always makes me laugh, as well, but nonetheless - keep it clean, but go hard on them. If an injury happens it happens, but don't force anything.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Luke Schenn does vs. Crosby and Malkin, he always seemed to play great against the Pens and got under their skin with good solid hits.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
I'm looking forward to seeing how Luke Schenn does vs. Crosby and Malkin, he always seemed to play great against the Pens and got under their skin with good solid hits.

Talking to Leafs fans it seems Luke was at his best against Ovechkin, Crosby, Malkin and the like. Kinda reminded me of Coburn when I heard that. I guess/hope he's one of those players that takes it to the next level when it matters.

tuckrr

Nov 28, 2008
Rewind to the all-around ass kicking the Flyers gave the Stanley Cup favorite pens in the 1st round last year.

Letang can't control himself and beats on Timmonen
Neal blatantly attempts to injure a 19 year old because he's frustrated
Asham attacks Schenn after a questionable hit

on and on...

I am not in favor of retribution at the expense of wins BUT...

I really, really hope both Schenns, Rinaldo, Hartnell, Grossman, Coburn - hell everybody - finishes every check on James Neal. What he did to Couturier was awful. He blatantly ran at him so late and targeted his head. He should not be playing next week - should have gotten at least 5 games.

Asham - not a big deal - was kind of sticking up for a teammate
Letang - not a big deal - it was a fight at least and worked out in the Flyers advantage

Neal? *******. Total ******* move. I don't want anybody to get injured but I would love to see him man up and fight somebody for what he did - and lose badly. Not that he would necessarily lose because he's not a wuss or anything. I'd like to see Hartnell break his nose.

Cannot wait until next Saturday.

Thoughts?

I think cooter will kick the **** out of neal

Ron Wilson*

Hey guys. Fan now that Schenner is with you.

Why you guys so worried about payback? For what? Maybe focus on how to beat teams like NJ? It's 2013 and it's a new year. Retaliating, and possibly suspension in a shortened season is stupid.

When the handshakes are done, it's time to move on.

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park

Why you guys so worried about payback? For what? Maybe focus on how to beat teams like NJ? It's 2013 and it's a new year. Retaliating, and possibly suspension in a shortened season is stupid.

Because of this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAFjvfA8zqk

He's a dirtbag who needs to be stamped out

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
caught the rookie lookin the other way. ya make that hit every time.

malkin on the other hand avoided a suspension so therefore must pay the blood price

Couts wasn't even near the puck! It was a late hit AND a charging because his feet left the ice. Not to mention, he didn't get any suspension for it and imo it looks just as bad as the Torres/Hossa hit. Then he goes and elbows Giroux in the head. Malkin tried to elbow G's head too, but he ducked it

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
caught the rookie lookin the other way. ya make that hit every time.

malkin on the other hand avoided a suspension so therefore must pay the blood price

not when he doesn't have the puck or leave the ice to make a hit. that fact that he did both is what earns him the dirtbag label

let me make it clear for others coming into this thread who don't actually bother to read any of the posts. almost all flyers fans here want everything done legally. nice, clean, hard checks and maybe a fight or two. nothing more, so i really don't get this talk of suspensions

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown

Thanks for the input. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->