Retribution vs the Penguins

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
make sure you win the game first and then take care of business

Exactly! We don't want to be stupid in a close game. I'd actually prefer to wait a few games before getting the ******** back, that way they won't be expecting it

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The Penguins will miss Staal, but they are still going to be a tough team. Flyers/Rangers/Penguins will be in a race for first.

I don't think they'll miss Staal as much as people think. I actually like that trade better for them than the Hurricanes. Sutter has the best on-ice goals against rate among forwards in the league since he's been in it. In exchange, Carolina got a player in a shortened season that they likely would have signed for free in 6 months.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
I don't think they'll miss Staal as much as people think. I actually like that trade better for them than the Hurricanes. Sutter has the best on-ice goals against rate among forwards in the league since he's been in it. In exchange, Carolina got a player in a shortened season that they likely would have signed for free in 6 months.

I think the Pens made out better as well, but Jordan is clearly the better player.

AaronTrieu

Mar 6, 2008
The penguins really got exposed last year for what they are. its good enough for me. 48game season. I'm not worried about what happened last year.

Clyde Donovan

Nov 29, 2009
Philly
I have a feeling the crowd will voice their displeasure with Neal everytime he touches the puck. There's no way he gets out of the game without dropping the gloves.

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
I believe Rinaldo, The Brothers Schenn, Simmer, Hartsy, Grossmann, hell basically everybody will be finishing their checks with snap, and take care of business, Neil, Gina, Cindy, and Christine the Flyers don't forget cheap hits intended to injure so eventually these clowns will have to answer the bell

Roo Mad Bro

U havin a giggle m8?
Dec 6, 2010
PA
Neal is a dirtbag, and a ***** to boot.

After his cheapshots to Couturier and Giroux, guess where he was? Hiding on the ****ing bench.

I want to see him on the ice. Send Rinaldo, Sestito, Simmonds after him.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
I want Neal pummelled. Other than that, hope Schenns boys go ape shift with hard , clean checks. Play Sestitto after Neal and rag doll the *****.

Clyde Donovan

Nov 29, 2009
Philly
Neal is a dirtbag, and a ***** to boot.

After his cheapshots to Couturier and Giroux, guess where he was? Hiding on the ****ing bench.

I want to see him on the ice. Send Rinaldo, Sestito, Simmonds after him.
That was the biggest ***** move on his part. He ran right to the bench when all the scrums started.

duffy9748

Nov 26, 2007
I'm predicting it is Hartnell or Simmonds that goes with Neal...if he is willing.

Bennett Brauer

May 1, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
I'm not coming here to start ****, but I think the Flyers got their revenge by winning the series? You guys are also talking about taking Pens players' heads off for what they did? Do you guys think Giroux should get his head taken off because of the headshot he delivered to Zubrus?

Like I said, not in here to start ****, I'm just curious as to what you think. There's no double standard, so if the consequence of playing dirty is getting dirty hits in return, then you're saying Giroux deserves the same thing. You can also take my approach and say "the Devils got their revenge by winning the series"

Personally, I think it's a new season and teams will be focused to get 2 points, not goon it up, but hey that's just my opinion.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I'm not coming here to start ****, but I think the Flyers got their revenge by winning the series? You guys are also talking about taking Pens players' heads off for what they did? Do you guys think Giroux should get his head taken off because of the headshot he delivered to Zubrus?

Like I said, not in here to start ****, I'm just curious as to what you think. There's no double standard, so if the consequence of playing dirty is getting dirty hits in return, then you're saying Giroux deserves the same thing. You can also take my approach and say "the Devils got their revenge by winning the series"

Personally, I think it's a new season and teams will be focused to get 2 points, not goon it up, but hey that's just my opinion.

Both will be addressed at the appropriate time. It's not always the next game. The difference though is that the Penguins/Flyers was bitter and has been bitter for a while. Can't really say the same about Flyers/Devils. The Penguins series was driven by emotion, the Devils series was devoid of it. And I think that is part of what took the Flyers out.

Roo Mad Bro

U havin a giggle m8?
Dec 6, 2010
PA

I wouldn't be pissed at someone going after Giroux. It was a stupid, stupid move on his part and if he has to pay for it, well that's hockey.

But Neal went after Couturier AND Giroux, essentially the same (or next) shift. No offense to Zubrus, but he isn't a star player. We all know players get more pissed when something happens to their star player.

Then Neal had the audacity to hide on the bench when the scrums started. That's what really pissed me off.

Bennett Brauer

May 1, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
Both will be addressed at the appropriate time. It's not always the next game. The difference though is that the Penguins/Flyers was bitter and has been bitter for a while. Can't really say the same about Flyers/Devils. The Penguins series was driven by emotion, the Devils series was devoid of it. And I think that is part of what took the Flyers out.

Yeah that's true, didn't really think about that.

I wouldn't be pissed at someone going after Giroux. It was a stupid, stupid move on his part and if he has to pay for it, well that's hockey.

But Neal went after Couturier AND Giroux, essentially the same (or next) shift. No offense to Zubrus, but he isn't a star player. We all know players get more pissed when something happens to their star player.

Then Neal had the audacity to hide on the bench when the scrums started. That's what really pissed me off.

Yeah, that's understandable. I can say I would be pissed as well if the tables were turned.

It's just stupid in general. Whether it's Neal on Giroux/Couturier or Giroux on Zubrus.

But I agree, it was a pretty cowardly move on Neal's part to run to the bench.

Last edited:

hckyplayer8

Don't bang the glass
Mar 26, 2011
Grand Forks,ND
Apparently I'm the only one that thinks outside of being a lil late, the Giroux hit on Zubrus was clean.

Giroux- 5' 11
Zubrus- 6' 5

Girouxs skates never left the ice.

How does a guy hit a whose half a foot taller in the head if he never leaves the ice?

Answer is Zubrus was hunched over after dumping the puck in.

You're not going to see me nailing Roo for hitting a guy after he dumped the puck in considering NJ's D ran similar interference on our guys the entire series and didn't get called for it.

I also want to note that this isn't the only case where Zubrus has been caught with his head down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vA5ysUDLTeg

Last edited by a moderator:

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Apparently I'm the only one that thinks outside of being a lil late, the Giroux hit on Zubrus was clean.

Giroux- 5' 11
Zubrus- 6' 5

How does a guy hit a whose half a foot taller in the head if he never leaves the ice?

You're not going to see me nailing Roo for hitting a guy after he dumped the puck in considering NJ's D ran similar interference on our guys the entire series and didn't get called for it.

I also want to note that this isn't the only case where Zubrus has been caught with his head down.

The intent is what got Giroux the suspension in my opinion. He was pretty visibly frustrated just before the hit and then quite clearly targeted the head of Zubrus. It was pretty clear to see that his emotions got the best of him in that sequence. If it had just been a random play, I don't think he gets anything more than just a penalty.
Malkin did the same thing to Grossman and he wasn't even penalized for it.

As far as the game goes, the two points should be every player's first priority. In a condensed schedule, points are even more important and letting any slip away could be the difference between several spots in the standings. If they get the chance to nail Neal they'll take it, but I think they're more concerned about the win and getting the season started off on a good foot. Of course though, I'd love to see Simmonds tune him up in a fight.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gert B Frobe

Nov 18, 2003
Chester County

I don't think anyone on the Flyers - especially Couturier or Grossman are thinking - well we were killing them and they tried to injure us - but we won so it's all good now. Even though Grossman isn't a fighter he's probably pissed enough to do something. I don't remember who low-bridged him.

And yes - I wouldn't blame Zubrus or someone on the Devils for targeting Giroux. I never said I thought Neal should "get his head taken off" - just that he get buried legally and cleanly and man-up and fight and then lose. I don't even hope he gets injured other than a broken nose/missing teeth etc.

RJ8812*

Giroux- 5' 11
Zubrus- 6' 5

Zubrus may be 6'5", but he plays like he's 5'8"

TheLegendkiller

Sep 2, 2009
I don't think anybody is going to really go after Neal this game. Somebody might challenge him to a fight, I don't think he'll drop the gloves though. Guys with just check him and get in his face. It's the next game in Philly that'll be hell for James Neal. This game would just be too obvious and the NHL will be watching it closely.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad