Retribution vs the Penguins

Gert B Frobe

Nov 18, 2003
Chester County
Rewind to the all-around ass kicking the Flyers gave the Stanley Cup favorite pens in the 1st round last year.

Letang can't control himself and beats on Timmonen
Neal blatantly attempts to injure a 19 year old because he's frustrated
Asham attacks Schenn after a questionable hit

on and on...

I am not in favor of retribution at the expense of wins BUT...

I really, really hope both Schenns, Rinaldo, Hartnell, Grossman, Coburn - hell everybody - finishes every check on James Neal. What he did to Couturier was awful. He blatantly ran at him so late and targeted his head. He should not be playing next week - should have gotten at least 5 games.

Asham - not a big deal - was kind of sticking up for a teammate
Letang - not a big deal - it was a fight at least and worked out in the Flyers advantage

Neal? *******. Total ******* move. I don't want anybody to get injured but I would love to see him man up and fight somebody for what he did - and lose badly. Not that he would necessarily lose because he's not a wuss or anything. I'd like to see Hartnell break his nose.

Cannot wait until next Saturday.

Thoughts?

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
Hoping for some huge hits (In particular, Brayden Schenn decapitating another Penguin), but in the end I just hope we win on the scoreboard. For all the talk about how brutal our defense is and how we got worse this offseason, nobody seems to realize that the Penguins fit the bill a lot better.

flyersfan187

Dec 4, 2007
Morrisdale, PA
Hoping for some huge hits (In particular, Brayden Schenn decapitating another Penguin), but in the end I just hope we win on the scoreboard. For all the talk about how brutal our defense is and how we got worse this offseason, nobody seems to realize that the Penguins fit the bill a lot better.

The Penguins will miss Staal, but they are still going to be a tough team. Flyers/Rangers/Penguins will be in a race for first.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
I don't think Simmonds forgot about Neal at all this off season.

Oh lordy. No way Neal fights simmons. That would be a disaster waiting to happen. He will look to fight someone like read or couturier.

Ashams hit was eh. He could have really hurt Schenn on the ice but laid off some.

Neal on the other hand deserves a beat down. Id be reluctant to put out shelly or sesitito out on a road game , but considering the first game of the this series is at home all bets are off.

laundryman

Jun 28, 2011
I personally don't worry about Letang. He made himself look pathetic in that series (picking a fight with Timonen and his dive after Bryz's huge save in game 2).

I hope Neal, however, is sacred to even step onto the ice here in Philly.

Still, I don't want everyone on the team head hunting all game. Hit 'em extra hard a few times and sick Rindalo or Simmonds on someone for a fight or two, but beating on the scoreboard them should always be the focus.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
The Penguins will miss Staal, but they are still going to be a tough team. Flyers/Rangers/Penguins will be in a race for first.

I think its going to be pretty much impossible for the Flyers to keep pace with the Rangers unless schenn and Couturier release the Kraken..... by schenn i mean both .

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011

Yeah don't get me wrong, they're still a great team. And while Sutter is still an awesome third line center, I will gladly take them not having Staal anymore for Sutter.

flyersfan187

Dec 4, 2007
Morrisdale, PA
Oh lordy. No way Neal fights simmons. That would be a disaster waiting to happen. He will look to fight someone like read or couturier.

Ashams hit was eh. He could have really hurt Schenn on the ice but laid off some.

Neal on the other hand deserves a beat down. Id be reluctant to put out shelly or sesitito out on a road game , but considering the first game of the this series is at home all bets are off.

Just do what Goddard did to Hartnell a couple seasons ago and just start throwing punches. If the game was out of reach at the end of the game I wouldn't mind that with Neal. You shouldn't let Couts/Giroux get their heads run at by Neal and then let him go free.

flyersfan018

Mar 2, 2011
NJ
Don't give Letang any attention. He's not even worth it. Neal is who I want buried every time he touches the puck.

Asham is on the Rangers BTW.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Anyone who doesnt take issue with what Asham did wasnt paying attention. What he did was pretty cheap. Will there be payback? who knows. If there is payback I would prefer someone beat him senseless and that will be the end of it.
As far as the shenanigans with the Penguins who knows what this season is going to bring.
I think Neal knows he is in for it at some point. I hope they wait a bit for it to happen and make him think about when hes going to get tagged.
I hope that what ever happens its kept clean. You can knock him senseless and keep it clean. if the Pens want to play stupid hockey make em pay on the PP.

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
Anyone who doesnt take issue with what Asham did wasnt paying attention. What he did was pretty cheap. Will there be payback? who knows. If there is payback I would prefer someone beat him senseless and that will be the end of it.
As far as the shenanigans with the Penguins who knows what this season is going to bring.
I think Neal knows he is in for it at some point. I hope they wait a bit for it to happen and make him think about when hes going to get tagged.
I hope that what ever happens its kept clean. You can knock him senseless and keep it clean. if the Pens want to play stupid hockey make em pay on the PP.

Probably no payback on Asham coming up considering he's on the Rangers now :sarcasm: He'll get his eventually though

hckyplayer8

Don't bang the glass
Mar 26, 2011
Grand Forks,ND
Also lol at the people saying "meh" to pepperoni face Asham.

He cross checked Schenn in the fookin Adams apple.

Hopefully Sesttito drives AA's head through the boards....or at the very least beats the ugly off of it.

dookie88

Aug 18, 2008
Germany
Don't think anything will happen unless the game gets out of hand one way or the other. People talk about how important every point is from the get go. It's even more of an emphasis with the shortend schedule.

I would enjoy watching Rinaldo hammer Asham mid-ice with an open-ice hit. Good night Aaron.

PensFreak

Jun 5, 2007
Couple things guys.

1. Love the rivalry.

2. Asham is no longer a penguin.

3. Playoffs last year were not good for the pens. They played poorly. They got frustrated and did some stupid things. Neal's cheapshot was bad. Rough to watch them fall apart like that as a Pens fan. The Flyers seem to either bring out the worst or the best in the Pens, and last year it was all the worst.

Best of luck this year. Hope to see you in the playoffs. And not meaning to be a smart ass, but 'Retribution' not really the right word when you beat us... maybe looking for a rewind.

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
Couple things guys.

1. Love the rivalry.

2. Asham is no longer a penguin.

3. Playoffs last year were not good for the pens. They played poorly. They got frustrated and did some stupid things. Neal's cheapshot was bad. Rough to watch them fall apart like that as a Pens fan. The Flyers seem to either bring out the worst or the best in the Pens, and last year it was all the worst.

Best of luck this year. Hope to see you in the playoffs. And not meaning to be a smart ass, but 'Retribution' not really the right word when you beat us... maybe looking for a rewind.

We know Asham is no longer a Pen but that doesn't mean we still dont want retribution.

litflyersfan

Jan 1, 2008
Rewind to the all-around ass kicking the Flyers gave the Stanley Cup favorite pens in the 1st round last year.

Letang can't control himself and beats on Timmonen
Neal blatantly attempts to injure a 19 year old because he's frustrated
Asham attacks Schenn after a questionable hit

on and on...

I am not in favor of retribution at the expense of wins BUT...

I really, really hope both Schenns, Rinaldo, Hartnell, Grossman, Coburn - hell everybody - finishes every check on James Neal. What he did to Couturier was awful. He blatantly ran at him so late and targeted his head. He should not be playing next week - should have gotten at least 5 games.

Asham - not a big deal - was kind of sticking up for a teammate
Letang - not a big deal - it was a fight at least and worked out in the Flyers advantage

Neal? *******. Total ******* move. I don't want anybody to get injured but I would love to see him man up and fight somebody for what he did - and lose badly. Not that he would necessarily lose because he's not a wuss or anything. I'd like to see Hartnell break his nose.

Cannot wait until next Saturday.

Thoughts?

I know you said on and on.., but you forgot the one that really ****ed us over

Our D wasn't the same after this one, hoping Grossmann has Malkin level douchbaggary up his sleeve and really nails him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->